Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Cookies Problem

Cookies Problem

Debarshi Nandi

Hi MCPs,MCSE

There is a problem with my friends computer. The cookies
are disabled and its gives error Enable cookies to view
webpage when he check his hotmail account. He is also
unable to open the links of websites. Please give me
solution for that. Me and he have settings in IE.

Thanks,

Debarshi Nandi

Marko

You need to learn how to find the answers you need, when
you need them, yourself. It is far more desirable, so I
will get to that.

Answer:

IE6? Go to Tools / Internet Options.

1/ In Security, change everything back to the default
value. My guess if that these values have all been
tampered with and show up as Custom rather than Default.

2/ In Privacy, either change to default or modify cookie
handling to reflect your preferences. My preference: I
choose Advanced, Override Automatic Cookie Handling, and I
accept everything, including session cookies.

No need for an MCP or MCSE to solve this one. In future,
firstly try the online help feature supplied with nearly
every software product on the planet.

With mouse - HELP - Contents and Index - Search -
type "cookies" [enter]. Going slowly it takes about 6
seconds and reveals 10 related topics. I'm sure this is
better than to wait for replies through newsgroups, that
may never come?

Lance

The cookie monster will eat them.
news:02e001c39056$41068780$(E-Mail Removed)...