Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Command Prompt Looping problems

Command Prompt Looping problems

PhilÅ

Hello

I am trying to get this command to work on a XP Command prompt

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe for /R "C:\etivo\" %v in (*HighQual169.wmv) do
move "%v" "c:\saved tv\tv shows\"

No if I open a command prompt and enter it , it works great, no problems.

If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does not run. Errors
on command C:Zetivo is not valid or something??

Why will this run in a manual command prompt, but not in a batch ort
scheduled event command job??

Any ideas kind people?

Ponder

Hiya PhilÅ.

In <news:ZqYbg.9852$(E-Mail Removed)> you wrote:

> Any ideas kind people?

Why not create a batch file containing the commands and run that?

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

philo

"PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZqYbg.9852$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I am trying to get this command to work on a XP Command prompt
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe for /R "C:\etivo\" %v in (*HighQual169.wmv) do
> move "%v" "c:\saved tv\tv shows\"
>
> No if I open a command prompt and enter it , it works great, no problems.
>
> If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does not run.
> Errors on command C:Zetivo is not valid or something??
>
> Why will this run in a manual command prompt, but not in a batch ort
> scheduled event command job??
>
> Any ideas kind people?

there is a difference between cmd and command in XP

Duane Arnold

"Ponder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hiya PhilÅ.
>
> In <news:ZqYbg.9852$(E-Mail Removed)> you wrote:
>
>> Any ideas kind people?

> Why not create a batch file containing the commands and run that?

<snip>
> If I try and run it from a *batch* or scheduled event it does not run.
> Errors
> on command C:Zetivo is not valid or something??

<snip>

I guess you missed that.

Duane

John Holmes

Ponder blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hiya PhilÅ.
>
> In <news:ZqYbg.9852$(E-Mail Removed)> you wrote:
>
>> Any ideas kind people?

> Why not create a batch file containing the commands and run that?

From the OP: "If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does
not run", you stupid ****.

--
Your mother was a desiccated moose who used to eat crumbly biscuits in
broom cupboards.

Duane Arnold

"PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZqYbg.9852$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I am trying to get this command to work on a XP Command prompt
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe for /R "C:\etivo\" %v in (*HighQual169.wmv) do
> move "%v" "c:\saved tv\tv shows\"
>
> No if I open a command prompt and enter it , it works great, no problems.
>
> If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does not run.
> Errors on command C:Zetivo is not valid or something??
>
> Why will this run in a manual command prompt, but not in a batch ort
> scheduled event command job??
>
> Any ideas kind people?

What does your *Path* indicate when you enter the Path command at the
Command Prompt as opposed to issuing the Path command in the batch file?

It may be the reason as to why things are being found why at the Command
Prompt while issuing the command but it cannot complete the command while
running in batch, because the Path may not be the same, which could give the
not valid situation.

Duane

Ponder

Hiya Duane Arnold.

In <news:v5Zbg.4959$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net> you wrote:

>> If I try and run it from a *batch* or scheduled event it does not run.
>> Errors
>> on command C:Zetivo is not valid or something??

> <snip>
> I guess you missed that.

Oops! Yes I did

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

Ponder

Hiya John Holmes.

In <news:(E-Mail Removed) > you wrote:

> From the OP: "If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does
> not run", you stupid ****.

I know arsehole, it's been pointed out. Next time I want to speak to you
I'll pull the ****ing flush.

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

Ponder

Hiya PhilÅ.

In <news:ZqYbg.9852$(E-Mail Removed)> you wrote:

> C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe for /R "C:\etivo\" %v in (*HighQual169.wmv) do
> move "%v" "c:\saved tv\tv shows\"
> No if I open a command prompt and enter it , it works great, no problems.
> If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does not run. Errors
> on command C:Zetivo is not valid or something??

Thinking about it, check the batch file for obvious errors. C:\ is quite
close on my keyboard to C:Z

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

mik3

hi
if you put your commands in batch, make sure change %v to %%v

eg