Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unwanted internetpage starts up every time I start my computer

Unwanted internetpage starts up every time I start my computer

Luke

Since I downloaded some codecs for Divx a unwanted internetpage starts up
every time I start my computer.
Can't find anything in Start-up files.
Does anyone know a solution for this.

Thanks in advance

Duane Arnold

Luke wrote:
> Since I downloaded some codecs for Divx a unwanted internetpage starts up
> every time I start my computer.
> Can't find anything in Start-up files.
> Does anyone know a solution for this.
>
> Thanks in advance

You can use Process Explorer (free) to track it down.

Duane

Whiskers

On 2006-05-20, Luke <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Since I downloaded some codecs for Divx a unwanted internetpage starts up
> every time I start my computer.
> Can't find anything in Start-up files.
> Does anyone know a solution for this.
>
> Thanks in advance

If you mean a web page is loaded, that would involve your web browser and
its settings. Perhaps the unwanted page has been set as your 'homepage'
or 'page to display on start-up'.

--
-- Whiskers

Captain Mulch

Bwah hah hah! You're stuffed now. Download and use Mozilla Firefox
instead.

Luke

Thnx, I'm gonna try that.

"Duane Arnold" <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> schreef in
bericht newsvJbg.4630$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...