Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > problem email

problem email

debbie.becky

Hi
can anyone help with this annoying problem

this error comes from a website I am subscribed to
I have requested a forgotten password to be sent to my email address but all
I get is this error message

xp_sendmail: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail
client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook
and set it as the default mail client.

have checked outlook express but the default isn't highlighted so I am
assuming it is default
also installed Microsoft outlook and set that to default
get the same message which ever way I do it please anyone help.
Thanks
Debbie

windows XP
outlook express 6 sp2
Microsoft outlook 2003

the paddle

Hi

Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813745/en-us

HTH

paddle

Mike Easter

debbie.becky wrote:

> this error comes from a website I am subscribed to

I'm trying to see the story.

website means that you are using your browser maybe IE to access a
website and it wants a user/pass

> I have requested a forgotten password to be sent to my email address

Where 'requested' means that you and your browser are using some kind of
webfunction to make that request. So presumably the webfunction is
'doing something' instead of you and your browser and keyboard simply
'typing' in the email address to which you want the password mailed.
Some kind of 'blackbox' gizmo is 'springing into operation' at the
website.

> but all I get is this error message

Now, the blackbox website gizmo is trying to execute some kind of
operation by manipulating your browser to summon forth a mailuser agent
for which your configuration must be 'confused'. It seems that your
browser doesn't know whether your mailuser agent is OL or OE.

Normally I don't like for my browser to set my mailuser agent into
operation.

> xp_sendmail: Either there is no default mail client or the current
> mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run
> Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

I also don't like it when something else is trying to tell me what my
default should be.

> have checked outlook express but the default isn't highlighted so I am
> assuming it is default

You check your browser, eg IE for what is your default mailuser agent
for that app

IE/ Tools/ Internet options/ Programs tab/ Email section.

> also installed Microsoft outlook and set that to default

So, which do you want to be the mailuser agent? There is a lot of
difference between OL and OE.

--
Mike Easter

debbie.becky

I get the picture but I have done all previous messages and
uninstalled Microsoft outlook
outlook express is definitely default email
still getting same error message

news:446f63af$0$16431$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> debbie.becky wrote:
>
>> this error comes from a website I am subscribed to

> I'm trying to see the story.
>
> website means that you are using your browser maybe IE to access a
> website and it wants a user/pass
>
>> I have requested a forgotten password to be sent to my email address

> Where 'requested' means that you and your browser are using some kind of
> webfunction to make that request. So presumably the webfunction is
> 'doing something' instead of you and your browser and keyboard simply
> 'typing' in the email address to which you want the password mailed.
> Some kind of 'blackbox' gizmo is 'springing into operation' at the
> website.
>
>> but all I get is this error message

> Now, the blackbox website gizmo is trying to execute some kind of
> operation by manipulating your browser to summon forth a mailuser agent
> for which your configuration must be 'confused'. It seems that your
> browser doesn't know whether your mailuser agent is OL or OE.
>
> Normally I don't like for my browser to set my mailuser agent into
> operation.
>
>> xp_sendmail: Either there is no default mail client or the current
>> mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run
>> Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

> I also don't like it when something else is trying to tell me what my
> default should be.
>
>> have checked outlook express but the default isn't highlighted so I am
>> assuming it is default

> You check your browser, eg IE for what is your default mailuser agent
> for that app
>
> IE/ Tools/ Internet options/ Programs tab/ Email section.
>
>> also installed Microsoft outlook and set that to default

> So, which do you want to be the mailuser agent? There is a lot of
> difference between OL and OE.
>
>> get the same message which ever way I do it please anyone help.

>> windows XP
>> outlook express 6 sp2
>> Microsoft outlook 2003

> --
> Mike Easter

Helen

In OE (outlook express) go to Tools/Options ...click the Security tab and see
what you have checked.

debbie.becky wrote:
> I get the picture but I have done all previous messages and
> uninstalled Microsoft outlook
> outlook express is definitely default email
> still getting same error message
>
> "Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:446f63af$0$16431$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> debbie.becky wrote:

Mike Easter

debbie.becky wrote:

> outlook express is definitely default email
> still getting same error message

Isn't there some way you can tell the website the email address to send
your pw?

What website is this?

--
Mike Easter

debbie.becky

no only asks to tick business or personal email address they have both
http://www.the-nhf.org/
click on member which sends to id password
id is 3016898

news:446f9ced$0$16357$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> debbie.becky wrote:
>
>> outlook express is definitely default email
>> still getting same error message

> Isn't there some way you can tell the website the email address to send
> your pw?
>
> What website is this?
>

> --
> Mike Easter

debbie.becky

i did ring them they said theres nothing they could do and would not post a
password to me (not allowed) also checked they had the right email
addresses.
i paid nearly 200 to subscribe for membership to this federation
any clues