Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help! Anyone knows online software(phone) service (with a chosen area code) that can receive real phone calls online

Help! Anyone knows online software(phone) service (with a chosen area code) that can receive real phone calls online

honestperson6@hotmail.com

I used to use glophone.com service but it seems stop offering such
service.I already have spent hours searching around. Anyone, please
tell me a site that I can get a phone number (extention ok) with my
chosen area code and receive calls online from any real phone in US?

If it costs several bucks a month, it is fine. Free is better.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Bun Mui

Try-

http://www.vonage.com/features.php?feature=softphone

Bun Mui

John Jay Smith

http://www.ubiphone.com/

I don't know if this is free for what you want to do though....
I think you can receive calls for free... you will have to look into it. It
works though.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I used to use glophone.com service but it seems stop offering such
> service.I already have spent hours searching around. Anyone, please
> tell me a site that I can get a phone number (extention ok) with my
> chosen area code and receive calls online from any real phone in US?
>
> If it costs several bucks a month, it is fine. Free is better.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

Mister2u

www.gcast.com has a toll free number,it's meant for podcasting but you
could use it for voicemail.The person phoning will have to know your
PIN or have their phone activated
www.ekit.com also has toll free numbers(with 10 digit extension) but
you'll have to pay a small fee to pick up your messages .See also
www.j2.com and www.k7.net

honestperson6@hotmail.com

All I need is to be able to receive real phone calls to my online phone
number, I don't need to make phone calls.

honestperson6@hotmail.com

I want to clarify. I do not want only voice mail (I checked all the
posts and I feel need to clarify). I need to sign up for own phone
number, say a 301 area code number (extenstion is ok) and anyone in the
US can call this number and I can hear ring in my computer (connected
with Internet) and answer the call via microphone and earphone. And
need a plan under $14/m.

Thanks again.

Trax

http://www.skype.com/

--
Music videos http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php
Someone did all the work, so you don't have to

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sud-IdjIV-o