Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How does "Yahoo" work

How does "Yahoo" work

Mike Easter

Gabriel Rapture wrote:

> Is it OK in usenet to have a two or three line signature accompany
> each post I make to Usenet?

Yes - but that also assumes that your post is a 'real' post which
belongs in a thread in the group, not just a post being made to expose
your sig.

> All of the computer etiquette books that I have read say that is fine.
> Yet MOST people whine and scream like they are about to be
> electrocuted whenever someone posts a link to their business website/s

That usually happens when they are posting just to be posting the sig.
They aren't actually a group partipant participating with commentary in
the body that the others want to hear.

> I think it is really a sad situation when the country is so fixated on
> stopping people from making a legitimate living online by screaming
> SPAM constantly.

There is constant spam. Constant spam has people on edge. They don't
want any more, including someone's post which is only made to have an
opportunity to put in an advertising sig.

Then there's also the problem with top posting untrimmed and
non-contextualized and how it doesn't make a conversation.

--
Mike Easter

Whiskers

On 2006-05-20, Gabriel Rapture <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

snip

> So I want to post to "Business Opportunity" and MLM forums and Yahoo
> groups. To reduce the work it would be easier to post to many at a
> time.
>
> Live Long and Prosper!!

I suggest that you contact the 'help' feature that I'm sure Yahoo! have
tucked away somewhere in their web-forum interface. Something like
'Please help me to spam your web forums' should get you the appropriate
response (possibly along the lines of 'send us the money and we'll shove
your advert wherever we feel like shoving it').

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Whiskers

On 2006-05-20, Gabriel Rapture <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

snip

> P.S.
> This is to the intelligent fellow who responded in a mature manner:

That's nicely vague ) If you find out how newsgroups actually work, it
becomes far easier for people to know to what and to whom you are
responding.

snip

> I think it is really a sad situation when the country is so fixated on
> stopping people from making a legitimate living online by screaming
> SPAM constantly.

Which country would that be?

> Yet they are totally comfortable with our regime sending their sons
> and daughters off to be slaughtered in an invasion that was totally
> ridiculous and unnecessary from the start.

Well, that narrows it down a /bit/.

> If you folks don't wake up soon, you are going to be just as much a
> slave as non white people were three hundred years ago.
> Mark my words. We are headed for a communist type of government.

You need to learn what 'communism' is too, then. The country I think you
are in would fit the definition of 'fascist' much better; and the
different one I think I'm in is heading that way fast, but still with some
elements of a 'communistic type' that are worth having.

> And so it goes.

No. If you don't like what your government is doing, change it. It's
*your* government - you are not their possession.

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good (wo)men to do nothing.

--
-- Whiskers

me

"Gabriel Rapture" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Imhotep,
>
> ImHotep,
>
> I could be wrong, but I don't think it is considered SPAM when people
> join "opt-in groups and agree to receive email from each other.

MLM is still MLM you muppet,no matter how you dress it up.