Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 'safely remove hardware' icon

'safely remove hardware' icon

Quiz Time

> Explorer, right click on the device, properties, Hardware Tab, select
> the device, properties, Policies Tab and select quick removal.
>
> Might do it..

Tried that, still there though

Thanks for recomending that backup program, thought system restore did al
lthat but I guess it has it advantages over system restore. Not sure I want
to venture into installing something on my pc that I know nothing about.

Cheers.

Trax

"Quiz Time" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>> Explorer, right click on the device, properties, Hardware Tab, select
|>> the device, properties, Policies Tab and select quick removal.
|>>
|>> Might do it..
|>

|>Tried that, still there though
|>
|>Thanks for recomending that backup program, thought system restore did al
|>lthat but I guess it has it advantages over system restore. Not sure I want
|>to venture into installing something on my pc that I know nothing about.
|>
|>Cheers.

ERUNT was very much called for in this case; if XP didn't see your
drive you might not be able to even boot up let alone run restore.

With ERUNT you are able to access the system from XP CD or in my case
just go to another OS and run ERUNT - All fix'd

ERUNT is also what you would call a stand alone program, it installs
to it's own directory not spreading itself all over the OS - there's
not even an add/remove entry for it as you just delete the dir if you
want to remove it.

http://www.pcug.org.au/~boesen/ERUNT/ERUNT.htm

--
EXTREME Diet Coke Mentos Thing