Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Letter changed on drive so cant access files

Letter changed on drive so cant access files

slsbrooks

Help! lol

I turned my pc back on today n the letter of my external drive has
changed yet again and I can't change it back to the H drive it was
because the only options I have been given are from J - Z... Any ideas
what to do and why it keeps changing?

beenthere

"slsbrooks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Help! lol
>
> I turned my pc back on today n the letter of my external drive has
> changed yet again and I can't change it back to the H drive it was
> because the only options I have been given are from J - Z... Any ideas
> what to do and why it keeps changing?

Back in to Disk Management, to find out What is using H: .
Are you plugging in, or switching on another device ?.

slsbrooks

nothing is using H. H doesn't even exist.
I haven't done anything at all... nothing has been plugged in or
changed in anyway.
Not to my knowledge at least

Ron Martell

"slsbrooks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Help! lol
>
>I turned my pc back on today n the letter of my external drive has
>changed yet again and I can't change it back to the H drive it was
>because the only options I have been given are from J - Z... Any ideas
>what to do and why it keeps changing?

Change it to some other letter.

Reboot the computer.

You should now be able to change it back to H.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)