Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > rank stupidity.

rank stupidity.

bbb

long day, hot tired, weary.

so... like... xp has never properly recognized the maxtor external hard
drive.

recently my mouse has been freezing, and i noticed the system tray was
showing 'remove hardware' icon. i had suspected it was the maxtor drive
which was still hooked up.

so i went into manage computer to uninstall the maxtor hard drive once
and for all.

happily after picking uninstall i choose to option to not to restart my
computer.
sadly it was at this point that i realized i had uninstalled my INTERNAL
hard drive.

Can i ever restart again? How do I un-****-up this? Something about a
hardware profile? I'm scared.

JANA

See if you can start up on your installation CD disk. From there you should
be able to access the operating system, and then fix the problem.

--

JANA
_____

"bbb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
long day, hot tired, weary.

so... like... xp has never properly recognized the maxtor external hard
drive.

recently my mouse has been freezing, and i noticed the system tray was
showing 'remove hardware' icon. i had suspected it was the maxtor drive
which was still hooked up.

so i went into manage computer to uninstall the maxtor hard drive once
and for all.

happily after picking uninstall i choose to option to not to restart my
computer.
sadly it was at this point that i realized i had uninstalled my INTERNAL
hard drive.

Can i ever restart again? How do I un-****-up this? Something about a
hardware profile? I'm scared.

philo

<snip>
> so i went into manage computer to uninstall the maxtor hard drive once
> and for all.
>
> happily after picking uninstall i choose to option to not to restart my
> computer.
> sadly it was at this point that i realized i had uninstalled my INTERNAL
> hard drive.
>
> Can i ever restart again? How do I un-****-up this? Something about a
> hardware profile? I'm scared.

just reboot, it will get reinstalled

jils

see, bbb, just like i told you hours ago. although i like philo's answer
better, but you'd have to be brave.

JANA wrote:
> See if you can start up on your installation CD disk. From there you should
> be able to access the operating system, and then fix the problem.

jils

what a pity. bugger orf seems like such an expressive address!
next someone will buy invalid.com
oh wait ... they already have!!

Margolotta wrote:

> If the folks at 'orf.com' ever find out why they're getting the spam
> (unlikely, but it could happen) they could prosecute. Think about it.

bbb

silly cow.

i thought i heard the sound of far off cackling sometime after midnight...

jils wrote:
> see, bbb, just like i told you hours ago. although i like philo's answer
> better, but you'd have to be brave.
>

> JANA wrote:
>
>> See if you can start up on your installation CD disk. From there you
>> should be able to access the operating system, and then fix the problem.

bbb

You're absolutely correct and thank you for pointing out the error. I
should have considered the consequences of the actions of the spammers
first.

> Do you own - or have anything to do with - the domain ORF.com? No? Then why
> are you sending them all your spam? Because it's a real domain (a German news
> service from what I can see) and they don't really want their inbox(es) full
> of crap that should be heading your way. Please, NEVER, use a valid TLD, use
> something that is invalid - like, er, 'invalid' for example.
>
> If the folks at 'orf.com' ever find out why they're getting the spam
> (unlikely, but it could happen) they could prosecute. Think about it.

Rank newbie question - browser setup? czyp Wireless Networking 2 05-29-2005 02:16 PM
how to find alexa page rank sravani ASP .Net 1 03-09-2005 05:19 PM
Page Rank Connie Computer Support 2 10-05-2004 07:42 PM
FORMS: Rank Data from User Input Sylvie Stone HTML 1 12-02-2003 08:30 PM
How does Safari rank? Michael Wilcox HTML 2 10-16-2003 06:41 AM

Advertisments