Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Elective test

Elective test

Mike

Hello All:

I have a MCSD certification and want to move on to MCSE
2003. What is the most valuable test (not necessarily the
easiest) that I can prep for as far as the electives are
concerned? I was leaning toward the sql exams but I don't
know how useful that would be as a MCSE.

Thanks Much!

Flicker

Most employers don't require MCDBA for a developer. I know many good DBAs
having no cert at all. However MCDBA sounds more professional.

There are employers require MCSE PLUS experiences. Remeber there are many
paper MCSEs out there. It degrades the values of MCSE.

If I was you I would go for MCDBA.

my $0.02

news:2736801c38f3b$7516b250$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All:
>
> I have a MCSD certification and want to move on to MCSE
> 2003. What is the most valuable test (not necessarily the
> easiest) that I can prep for as far as the electives are
> concerned? I was leaning toward the sql exams but I don't
> know how useful that would be as a MCSE.
>
> Thanks Much!

Glenn D. Crosse

Both the 229 and 228 tests cover very valuable topics for an MCSD.
I am surprised you didn't take the 229 as an elective for the MCSD.
Glenn
MCSD.NET