Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Multi_VA trashed my system (Can David H Lipman please look a this)

Re: Multi_VA trashed my system (Can David H Lipman please look a this)

Betina

Leythos you are a stalking idiot.

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eO2ag.39251$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Betina" <-> says...
>> I have said on many occasions in another group that the his multi_av tool
>> is
>> too intrusive. It just deletes things it finds automatically without user
>> intervention, It does not make a backup, there is no quarantining, and
>> the
>> scanning is very slow. Good luck with your issues.

> I've used it on quite a few systems, even ones that are not infected,
> and never seen where it has done damage to good files. Sure, if you've
> got an infected file that is critical to the operation of the PC you're
> going to have problems with any removal utility, but why would you
> expect less?
>
> Removing a virus/compromise should be a stop gap measure on the way to
> saving the data and then wiping the machine. As all virus / malware
> removal tools are "reactionary", in that they can't get the latest and
> greatest until detected, you only means to ensure a clean machine is to
> wipe/reinstall from scratch in a secure environment.
>
> I use Multi-AV to clean machines, but I also won't certify the machines
> as clean - I will only certify a wipe/reinstall machine as to being
> clean.
>
> In my experience, once a machine is compromised, all bets are off as to
> it working properly, even after removal of the malware - that's whey
> they have a "repair/reinstall" mode.

> remove 999 in order to email me

pcbutts1

You want to check the headers Stalker? They will not be the same.

"Betina" <-> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Leythos you are a stalking idiot.
>

> "Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eO2ag.39251$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Betina" <-> says...
>>> I have said on many occasions in another group that the his multi_av
>>> tool is
>>> too intrusive. It just deletes things it finds automatically without
>>> user
>>> intervention, It does not make a backup, there is no quarantining, and
>>> the
>>> scanning is very slow. Good luck with your issues.

>> I've used it on quite a few systems, even ones that are not infected,
>> and never seen where it has done damage to good files. Sure, if you've
>> got an infected file that is critical to the operation of the PC you're
>> going to have problems with any removal utility, but why would you
>> expect less?
>>
>> Removing a virus/compromise should be a stop gap measure on the way to
>> saving the data and then wiping the machine. As all virus / malware
>> removal tools are "reactionary", in that they can't get the latest and
>> greatest until detected, you only means to ensure a clean machine is to
>> wipe/reinstall from scratch in a secure environment.
>>
>> I use Multi-AV to clean machines, but I also won't certify the machines
>> as clean - I will only certify a wipe/reinstall machine as to being
>> clean.
>>
>> In my experience, once a machine is compromised, all bets are off as to
>> it working properly, even after removal of the malware - that's whey
>> they have a "repair/reinstall" mode.
>>
>> --
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> remove 999 in order to email me

Leythos

says...
> You want to check the headers Stalker? They will not be the same.

You said you were posting as betina - and I can post from multiple
locations if I needed to hide like you feel the need too. I only
repeated what you said - so are you saying that you lied to the group
when you posted that you were betina?

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

pcbutts1

So now you real ****ed because I can post from different ISP's with
different headers, Real headers not fake headers so there is no hiding.
What's the matter Stalker are you mad because you can't possibly keep up
with all my names and header changes in the MS groups.

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rWaag.39490$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> says...
>> You want to check the headers Stalker? They will not be the same.

> You said you were posting as betina - and I can post from multiple
> locations if I needed to hide like you feel the need too. I only
> repeated what you said - so are you saying that you lied to the group
> when you posted that you were betina?
>
> --
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
> remove 999 in order to email me

Leythos

says...
> So now you real ****ed because I can post from different ISP's with
> different headers, Real headers not fake headers so there is no hiding.
> What's the matter Stalker are you mad because you can't possibly keep up
> with all my names and header changes in the MS groups.

Why would I be ****ed that you've learned how to do something that's
been possible for 20+ years?

I don't have to keep up with your names, you're the one obsessed. I only
interact with a few threads, only reply when I can help or when there is
a threat posted in a thread I'm reading. Since I don't really care how
many names you post under, since I don't look for you, since I'm not
trying to keep up with you, what difference does it make. Understand
this, you don't matter to me in the least. I reply to content posted
that I consider a threat to anyone's security, that's the simple fact. I
also post a reply when I can help, but I don't have to pilfer anyone
else's words / files / information in order to help.

Face it butts, I don't care about you in any way, I don't look for you,
I don't care how much work you go through to hide - since I don't look
for you and don't show posters names, you're really just overworking
yourself for your own amusement.

I do think it's actually very funny that you think I care about you
personally, that you catch-22 yourself in your own posts, that you post
lies and then get caught in them. Try not telling lies and you'll find
it easier to not get caught in them.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Rhonda Lea Kirk

pcbutts1 wrote:
> So now you real ****ed because I can post from different ISP's with
> different headers, Real headers not fake headers so there is no
> hiding. What's the matter Stalker are you mad because you can't
> possibly keep up with all my names and header changes in the MS
> groups.

Y'know, I got banned in the MS groups for a few days--because I posted
several detailed objections to Alias' banning, along with a lot of
criticism of Microsoft. But except for one post using a different
(legitimate) email address to let everyone know that I had not abandoned
the group voluntarily, it never occurred to me to keep switching my
identity.

I find it reassuring when people are who they are rather than being
everyone and his brother. I guess it's because I'm old, and I get
confused easily.

Or maybe it's just because I wonder about the character of someone who
is always changing his name. Usenet is filled with kooks, and sometimes
it's hard to tell the certifiables from the...um...somewhat less insane.
It may be that the only thing that distinguishes me (or anyone) from the
likes of Brad Guth is whitespace.

I'm still reserving judgment about motivations, which is why I opted out
of that other thread, but...

Well, let me put it this way. There are people here who don't know me at
all, but I know them, because I've seen them post over a long period of
years in a lot of different groups. There is one person in particular
whom I trust absolutely, because while I am sometimes filled with wonder
at his posts, I have no doubt at all about his character.

I guess what we post is a reflection of what we hope to gain.

rl
--
You must be the change you wish to see
in the world. Mohandas K. Gandhi

pcbutts1

<snip>

You are both a couple of whining bitches.

Leythos

In article <Xns97C51FF3B1C50politenessisgood@217.22.228.20> ,
(E-Mail Removed)0m says...
> <snip>
>
> You are both a couple of whining bitches.

Much better to be one than what you are.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Dan Evans

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C_hag.25656$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> In article <Xns97C51FF3B1C50politenessisgood@217.22.228.20> ,
> (E-Mail Removed)0m says...
>> <snip>
>>
>> You are both a couple of whining bitches.

> Much better to be one than what you are.

Wow, that was grown up of you.

Dan

Leythos

In article <4469bb0a$0$24121$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> "Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:C_hag.25656$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > In article <Xns97C51FF3B1C50politenessisgood@217.22.228.20> ,
> > (E-Mail Removed)0m says...
> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> You are both a couple of whining bitches.

> > Much better to be one than what you are.

> Wow, that was grown up of you.

Yea, I wondered about actually making that reply, but, since I didn't
cuss or use anything foul, I figured it was easily one up on butts. It
really seems to get under his skin when he lies in a group and then gets
called out for it

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me