Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Pinned Program List

Pinned Program List

TrickTrash

Every time I try to remove anything by right-clicking, Remove from Pinned
Program list, XP crashes.

At this stage, I don't care about solving the causes of these problems, I
just want to solve the result.

There must be a place in the registry where I can go & edit the list of
programs pinned to the start menu.

Can anyone tell me where this is ?

Trax

"TrickTrash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Every time I try to remove anything by right-clicking, Remove from Pinned
|>Program list, XP crashes.
|>
|>At this stage, I don't care about solving the causes of these problems, I
|>just want to solve the result.
|>
|>There must be a place in the registry where I can go & edit the list of
|>programs pinned to the start menu.
|>
|>Can anyone tell me where this is ?

Most likely caused by a MS autoupdate.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165

--
*.. )) -::-
. .))

Evan Platt

On Sat, 13 May 2006 03:08:03 +0100, "TrickTrash"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Every time I try to remove anything by right-clicking, Remove from Pinned
>Program list, XP crashes.
>
>At this stage, I don't care about solving the causes of these problems, I
>just want to solve the result.
>
>There must be a place in the registry where I can go & edit the list of
>programs pinned to the start menu.
>
>Can anyone tell me where this is ?

http://www.jsifaq.com/subL/tip5700/rh5777.htm

TrickTrash

Thanks for your reply Evan, but what I want is to be able to alter the progs
in the List, not remove it all together.

Useful site jsifaq; and although my knowledge doesn't extend to nop.reg
files (I even Googled it & got nothing) I understand how to add or alter a
key or value in the Registry directly.

Any ideas on where the values for the list of pinned progs is stored as
individual keys in the Registry ?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 13 May 2006 03:08:03 +0100, "TrickTrash"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Every time I try to remove anything by right-clicking, Remove from Pinned
>>Program list, XP crashes.
>>
>>At this stage, I don't care about solving the causes of these problems, I
>>just want to solve the result.
>>
>>There must be a place in the registry where I can go & edit the list of
>>programs pinned to the start menu.
>>
>>Can anyone tell me where this is ?

> http://www.jsifaq.com/subL/tip5700/rh5777.htm
> --
> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

TrickTrash

Trax

Yes, I'd heard this update was causing some probs. I guess I'll wait for
the updated update to come out, unless I can dig up the enthusiasm to
Uninstall\re-install.

Thanks for your reply.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...