Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help: need software to reset router & modem remotely

Help: need software to reset router & modem remotely

notnow@mo.net

Hi All

I have Google searched for software with no success which will
"reset my modem & router remotely" when my ISP does server
maintentance and I am not on site to reset them manulaay where my
server is located.

Any help is appreciated.

John Holmes

blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi All
>
> I have Google searched for software with no success which will
> "reset my modem & router remotely" when my ISP does server
> maintentance and I am not on site to reset them manulaay where my
> server is located.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Enable WebAccess. Should be somewhere in you router's configuration
setup.

--
Your mother was an unsociable golem who checked every trashcan for
cigarette butts at the opera.

FML

> Hi All
>
> I have Google searched for software with no success which will
> "reset my modem & router remotely" when my ISP does server
> maintentance and I am not on site to reset them manulaay where my
> server is located.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

I am not familiar with any software to accomplish the task. However, a
remote control power switch might do the trick:

http://www.dataprobe.com/power/iboot.html

John Holmes

FML blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

Oh, please shut the **** up then.

--
Your mother was a diabolic broccoli who answered a call of nature in pawn
shops.