Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Did Road Runner Damage My Phone?

Did Road Runner Damage My Phone?

Harry

Hello,

I installed Road Runner, then a lot of things happened none
of them getting on the Internet. Today the repair man fixed
the Road Runner (the signal was all wrong and he had to run
a new outside wire plus other stuff), and now here iam on the
Internet. While i was waiting for the repair, besides by
scanner acting up, everytime i received a phone call a fax
thingy came up on my screen wanting me to send a fax. Now
there is a noise (a high-to-medium pitched tone) in my phone
when ever you use it even though i deleted the fax, its identity,
icon, and everything related to it etc, since i donot use it,
pluse it activated two anti-viruses, and i have no idea from
where it came or how it got there. So what did Road Runner
do to my phone?

The repair man was a slob. I asked him to stay off my living
room rug which was drying from being shampooed, and to
walk through the kitchen instead; but then, when he was
about to leave (the job was finished) there he was, with
ladder and all, standing on the damp run, then he drug his
ladder across the livingroom rug as he left. Not only that i
caught him changing my settings and tool bar. Before that I
told him which door to use, then i find he unlocked the door
to the living room so he could use it instead of the one i told
him to use (through the laundry room). Workman have
become so horribly destructive now a days. What is it? What
is going on? It is scary!

Truly

http://www.usenet.com

Wrecks \(MCP\)

"Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I installed Road Runner, then a lot of things happened none
> of them getting on the Internet. Today the repair man fixed
> the Road Runner (the signal was all wrong and he had to run
> a new outside wire plus other stuff), and now here iam on the
> Internet. While i was waiting for the repair, besides by
> scanner acting up, everytime i received a phone call a fax
> thingy came up on my screen wanting me to send a fax. Now
> there is a noise (a high-to-medium pitched tone) in my phone
> when ever you use it even though i deleted the fax, its identity,
> icon, and everything related to it etc, since i donot use it,
> pluse it activated two anti-viruses, and i have no idea from
> where it came or how it got there. So what did Road Runner
> do to my phone?
>
> The repair man was a slob. I asked him to stay off my living
> room rug which was drying from being shampooed, and to
> walk through the kitchen instead; but then, when he was
> about to leave (the job was finished) there he was, with
> ladder and all, standing on the damp run, then he drug his
> ladder across the livingroom rug as he left. Not only that i
> caught him changing my settings and tool bar. Before that I
> told him which door to use, then i find he unlocked the door
> to the living room so he could use it instead of the one i told
> him to use (through the laundry room). Workman have
> become so horribly destructive now a days. What is it? What
> is going on? It is scary!
>
> Truly

Do you have digital phone through RR ??
If so maybe switchnid " a little box for phone outside home mounted on wall"
is not hooked up properly

Oldus Fartus

Harry wrote:
> Hello,

> The repair man was a slob. I asked him to stay off my living
> room rug which was drying from being shampooed, and to
> walk through the kitchen instead; but then, when he was
> about to leave (the job was finished) there he was, with
> ladder and all, standing on the damp run, then he drug his
> ladder across the livingroom rug as he left. Not only that i
> caught him changing my settings and tool bar. Before that I
> told him which door to use, then i find he unlocked the door
> to the living room so he could use it instead of the one i told
> him to use (through the laundry room). Workman have
> become so horribly destructive now a days. What is it? What
> is going on? It is scary!

Disgusting isn't it? I blame the relaxation of standards - once we
allowed the common folk to have the vote and to consider themselves
equal the proper relationship between the ruling class and the working
classes has been eroded.

You should have demanded the workman use the servant's entrance, remove
his boots and socks at the doorway, and have one of your staff
supervise him whilst in your home.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Pix 501-Road Runner Cable bgt Cisco 1 04-26-2004 05:54 PM
Really stumped on router connected to time warner road runner internet Eugene Cisco 4 04-26-2004 01:50 AM
can anyone tell me why i'm having problems with road runner Computer Support 4 12-19-2003 02:28 AM
E-Mail Bouncing Back From Road Runner NonSuch Computer Support 5 11-30-2003 08:50 PM
E.mail address problems with Road Runner Christine Moore Computer Support 1 07-05-2003 05:27 AM

Advertisments