Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MS Word settings problem

MS Word settings problem

John Dean

Using Word 2003 on XP Home. I noticed that Word was set to use US English
and wanted to change that to UK English, which I did via Microsoft Office
2003 Language Settings.
Then I find that almost all my customisation settings have disappeared,
along with several menu items I set up with their own icons, including the
"Work" menu.
Tried changing back to US English but the settings are gone.
*Now* I see there is a "Save your settings Wizard" which, had I used it,
would have enabled me (I think) to restore everything as it was. Too late
(though I'll use it next time). It would be a real drag to reset the
customisations and menu items one by one.
Question - is there any way I can recover the original customisation
settings in MS Word?
--
John Dean
Oxford

Geoff Realname

John Dean wrote:
> Using Word 2003 on XP Home. I noticed that Word was set to use US English
> and wanted to change that to UK English, which I did via Microsoft Office
> 2003 Language Settings.
> Then I find that almost all my customisation settings have disappeared,
> along with several menu items I set up with their own icons, including the
> "Work" menu.
> Tried changing back to US English but the settings are gone.
> *Now* I see there is a "Save your settings Wizard" which, had I used it,
> would have enabled me (I think) to restore everything as it was. Too late
> (though I'll use it next time). It would be a real drag to reset the
> customisations and menu items one by one.
> Question - is there any way I can recover the original customisation
> settings in MS Word?

Hi John!
Don't know about retrieving your settings, but for future reference you
can set your default language in Word itself: Tools/Language/Set
Language, highlight UK English then hit Default button. Hope you get
sorted OK.

Geoff