Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Paparazzi

Reply
Thread Tools

Paparazzi

 
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2006
On Wed, 10 May 2006 01:24:56 +0100, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I see. I wondered how they managed to blow pics up to full page
>without blemishes being blown up too.


Among other things, they don't use 4 megapixel cameras. Likely they're
10 or more.

>Yes indeed. I will have to see if my camera will work in RAW format.


http://digitalcameras.kelkoo.co.uk/b...13/124901.html

Nope, it won't.
--
To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2006
On Wed, 10 May 2006 01:21:24 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Really! As straight forward as that. But I suppose their cameras being
>multi thousand pound pieces of kit have different software than I
>would get with my cheapo Canon IXUS 40. I am just trying to find my
>way around here before I spend money on something that does very
>little more than what I already have.


Yes, and likely their software won't work with your camera. Keep in
mind most software is simply to transfer images from the camera to the
computer.

High end pro cameras likely don't come with fancy photo editing
software. Of course, you can buy most any photo editing software in
the stores.

But don't expect to be able to blow up your photos to 8.5x11.
--
To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Trax
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

|>I have been watching a program about these chaps taking pics and down
|>loading them to a laptop. Does anyone know what program they use on
|>their laptops for the photographs?

Good photo links here http://astalavista.box.sk/

--
*..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:- http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

 
Reply With Quote
 
Toolman Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2006
In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Evan Platt spewed forth:
> On Wed, 10 May 2006 01:24:56 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I see. I wondered how they managed to blow pics up to full page
>> without blemishes being blown up too.

>
> Among other things, they don't use 4 megapixel cameras. Likely they're
> 10 or more.
>
>> Yes indeed. I will have to see if my camera will work in RAW format.

>
> http://digitalcameras.kelkoo.co.uk/b...13/124901.html
>
> Nope, it won't.


There's quite a difference between digital "snapshot" cameras and a high-end
professional mode. I'd /love/ to upgrade <g>

--
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark S.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2006

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>> I have been watching a program about these chaps taking pics and down
>>> loading them to a laptop. Does anyone know what program they use on
>>> their laptops for the photographs?

>
>>Could be any one of a few hundred.

>
> Well yes, most of us can do the same with our boxes. I was just
> wondering if paparazzi use a particular program because it is standard
> throughout the various agencies who buy pics?


Are you talking about the program called "Paparazzi" showing in the uk at
the moment?

What makes you think it is standard?

Now I think you're talking about different types of software.
1. Software to download the photos from the camera to the PC. This is
typically vendor specific, but some camera models can act as a Removable
Disk, and you can just use Windows Explorer (or Mac equivalent) to copy to
the PC.
2. Software to upload the photos to the Central HQ. I dont know of any such
software. Emailing the photos is a pretty simple thing to do.
3. Software to edit and enhace the photos. While there are decent image
editors such as Nikon Capture that can work with Jpeg and the Raw Nikon
image format, the standard is Adobe Photoshop (which does have support for
many raw image formats).



 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark S.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2006

"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Jfd8g.139$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> There's quite a difference between digital "snapshot" cameras and a
> high-end professional mode. I'd /love/ to upgrade <g>



Its cheaper than you might think. Check out the Nikon D50 or the Canon 350D.
Not that much more expensive than a top of the range digital compact.



 
Reply With Quote
 
turtill@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2006
On Tue, 09 May 2006 19:50:08 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 May 2006 01:24:56 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>I see. I wondered how they managed to blow pics up to full page
>>without blemishes being blown up too.

>
>Among other things, they don't use 4 megapixel cameras. Likely they're
>10 or more.
>
>>Yes indeed. I will have to see if my camera will work in RAW format.

>
>http://digitalcameras.kelkoo.co.uk/b...13/124901.html
>
>Nope, it won't.


So I see thanks. I was thinking about taking better pics but it is
obviously more complicated than I realised. My camera is ideal for my
needs as it just slips into my pocket whereas a decent SLR would not
do that. Thanks to you and Flying Rat for the info. I think I will
just stick to taking snaps.
pete

--
http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Toolman Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2006
In news:e3s4s6$l7i$(E-Mail Removed),
Mark S. spewed forth:
> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Jfd8g.139$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> There's quite a difference between digital "snapshot" cameras and a
>> high-end professional mode. I'd /love/ to upgrade <g>

>
>
> Its cheaper than you might think. Check out the Nikon D50 or the
> Canon 350D. Not that much more expensive than a top of the range
> digital compact.


I may be doing that next year - this year money is a little tight. Bad thing
for me, all my nice Canon lenses are FD, not AF, so I'll be starting over
from scratch.

--
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.


 
Reply With Quote
 
turtill@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2006
On Tue, 09 May 2006 19:57:02 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 May 2006 01:21:24 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>Really! As straight forward as that. But I suppose their cameras being
>>multi thousand pound pieces of kit have different software than I
>>would get with my cheapo Canon IXUS 40. I am just trying to find my
>>way around here before I spend money on something that does very
>>little more than what I already have.

>
>Yes, and likely their software won't work with your camera. Keep in
>mind most software is simply to transfer images from the camera to the
>computer.
>
>High end pro cameras likely don't come with fancy photo editing
>software. Of course, you can buy most any photo editing software in
>the stores.
>
>But don't expect to be able to blow up your photos to 8.5x11.


I have seen the crazy price of Adobe Photo Shop. I think I will stick
to just snapping.
pete

--
http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/
 
Reply With Quote
 
turtill@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2006
On Tue, 9 May 2006 20:38:43 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>Evan Platt spewed forth:
>> On Wed, 10 May 2006 01:24:56 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> I see. I wondered how they managed to blow pics up to full page
>>> without blemishes being blown up too.

>>
>> Among other things, they don't use 4 megapixel cameras. Likely they're
>> 10 or more.
>>
>>> Yes indeed. I will have to see if my camera will work in RAW format.

>>
>> http://digitalcameras.kelkoo.co.uk/b...13/124901.html
>>
>> Nope, it won't.

>
>There's quite a difference between digital "snapshot" cameras and a high-end
>professional mode. I'd /love/ to upgrade <g>


Yes I think I will stick to snapshot
pete

--
http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Surfers vs. paparazzi Cynicor Digital Photography 26 06-26-2008 02:02 AM
Now I see Why Paparazzi Use Canons! =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?= Digital Photography 1 06-10-2007 03:11 AM
Paparazzi Press Conferences and Flash Joe Digital Photography 11 06-25-2006 12:42 AM



Advertisments