Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Replacing a .dll

Replacing a .dll

Chris Clayton

How do I replace an old .dll with a new one which is waiting on my Desktop?
It seems normal methods for replacing one file with another dont work in
this case.

Chris

Trax

"Chris Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>How do I replace an old .dll with a new one which is waiting on my Desktop?
|>It seems normal methods for replacing one file with another dont work in
|>this case.

Try to unregister the dll, then reregister the new one (after a
reboot)

Start | Run <type in> RegSvr32 /U (Your Dll) <enter>
Reboot replace DLL
Start | Run <type in> RegSvr32 (Your Dll) <enter>

--
. .))

Ben Myers

If you are using Windows XP, 2000 or 2003, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default...=rss&spid=3198

Ben