Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win XP Briefcase

Win XP Briefcase

roman

Is there any limit on number and size of files that can be safely handled
when synchronizing? I have lost some files in the original folder (OE store
folder, which is very large) when synchronizing Briefcase that is placed on
a different partition to OE store folder. (However it could be another
demonstration of a problem with the computer disk management (?) that I am
grappling with during bootup rather than problem with Briefcase handling as
such.)

Thanks
Roman

Toolman Tim

In news:mLD7g.5651$(E-Mail Removed),
roman spewed forth:
> Is there any limit on number and size of files that can be safely
> handled when synchronizing? I have lost some files in the original
> folder (OE store folder, which is very large) when synchronizing
> Briefcase that is placed on a different partition to OE store folder.
> (However it could be another demonstration of a problem with the
> computer disk management (?) that I am grappling with during bootup
> rather than problem with Briefcase handling as such.)
>
> Thanks
> Roman

I've frequently had problems with Windows Briefcase. So I'm trying SyncToy
now instead. I think it's working better.

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0fc1154-c975-4814-9649-cce41af06eb7&displaylang=en>

Of course, that assumes you have XP, and that it's valid, all that. And
you'll need .NET installed as well.

beenthere

news:NFM7g.125$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In news:mLD7g.5651$(E-Mail Removed),
> roman spewed forth:
>> Is there any limit on number and size of files that can be safely
>> handled when synchronizing? I have lost some files in the original
>> folder (OE store folder, which is very large) when synchronizing
>> Briefcase that is placed on a different partition to OE store folder.
>> (However it could be another demonstration of a problem with the
>> computer disk management (?) that I am grappling with during bootup
>> rather than problem with Briefcase handling as such.)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Roman

> I've frequently had problems with Windows Briefcase. So I'm trying SyncToy
> now instead. I think it's working better.
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0fc1154-c975-4814-9649-cce41af06eb7&displaylang=en>
>
> Of course, that assumes you have XP, and that it's valid, all that. And
> you'll need .NET installed as well.

hi TT.
You ought to give SyncBack a try. I love it.
http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html

Go down to the flags for the Free one

--
bw..OJ

roman

"beenthere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MOM7g.2216$(E-Mail Removed)...

> news:NFM7g.125$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In news:mLD7g.5651$(E-Mail Removed),
>> roman spewed forth:
>>> Is there any limit on number and size of files that can be safely
>>> handled when synchronizing? I have lost some files in the original
>>> folder (OE store folder, which is very large) when synchronizing
>>> Briefcase that is placed on a different partition to OE store folder.
>>> (However it could be another demonstration of a problem with the
>>> computer disk management (?) that I am grappling with during bootup
>>> rather than problem with Briefcase handling as such.)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Roman

>> I've frequently had problems with Windows Briefcase. So I'm trying
>> SyncToy now instead. I think it's working better.
>>
>> <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0fc1154-c975-4814-9649-cce41af06eb7&displaylang=en>
>>
>> Of course, that assumes you have XP, and that it's valid, all that. And
>> you'll need .NET installed as well.
>>

> hi TT.
> You ought to give SyncBack a try. I love it.
> http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html
>
> Go down to the flags for the Free one

There is not much said about it on the website and so what does it do that
the Briefcase or SyncToy do not do or what does it do better?
Thanks
Roman