Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Battery Time

Battery Time

ganeshjacharya@gmail.com

Dear Friends,

I've a 6cell Lithium Ion battery on my Compaq M2002AL laptop. I keep
that connected to my computer during my work even when the AC adaptor
is ON. I never take that out. Initially my battery used to say it has
1hr 40min of back up time left at my Microsoft windows xp operating
system. Now after a year of prolonged use it has about 48 min of time
left when fully charged.

But today I wanted to test out things for sure. I used my laptop even
when the Microsoft XP said there's only 0% of charge left in my
battery. Even after 20min my laptop continued to work very much
fine...................!!!

What's the normal gap that's set in the XP opertating system... from
the actual cut-off time. I don't mind the battery getting destroyed in
actual. Does the XP operating system give the actual details about the
charge left????

If someone has already studied this please let me know..........

Thanks!
Ganesh J. Acharya

bruno cardinal

<(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Dear Friends,
>
> I've a 6cell Lithium Ion battery on my Compaq M2002AL laptop. I keep
> that connected to my computer during my work even when the AC adaptor
> is ON. I never take that out. Initially my battery used to say it has
> 1hr 40min of back up time left at my Microsoft windows xp operating
> system. Now after a year of prolonged use it has about 48 min of time
> left when fully charged.
>
> But today I wanted to test out things for sure. I used my laptop even
> when the Microsoft XP said there's only 0% of charge left in my
> battery. Even after 20min my laptop continued to work very much
> fine...................!!!
>
> What's the normal gap that's set in the XP opertating system... from
> the actual cut-off time. I don't mind the battery getting destroyed in
> actual. Does the XP operating system give the actual details about the
> charge left????
>
> If someone has already studied this please let me know..........
>
> Thanks!
> Ganesh J. Acharya

I suspect your battery knows better than XP , most of the batteries tend(ed)
to keep a memory of how low then whent
and would not regarde to full power unless fully disgarged before being
recharged a lt of them still do ;
as a exemple if own an +- old 2.4gz cordless phone and put it back on its
base before it runs dead eventualy
it standby time shortens the batery remenbers its lower level... it take a
year to find that out , then a new battery...is
the only way out lost power tools (batery operated) do the same, you need
two batteries; run one all the way down ,THEN
change for the other one and let the fist recharge. (By the way they are
alittle fussy about the temperature you recharge them..
avaid the sun !

Happy landing!

Plato

> I've a 6cell Lithium Ion battery on my Compaq M2002AL laptop. I keep
> that connected to my computer during my work even when the AC adaptor
> is ON. I never take that out. Initially my battery used to say it has
> 1hr 40min of back up time left at my Microsoft windows xp operating
> system. Now after a year of prolonged use it has about 48 min of time
> left when fully charged.

I use electric screwdrivers. When new, the charge will last over a
month. As time goes on it lasts less and less time, till, I have to
replace it.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/