Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help- Word Document

Help- Word Document

WeeWilly

I'm trying to make changes to a documen created in Word. We have Word 9.0

When I highlight a word to delete and hit delete or go to end of word and
press the back space button.. the word highlihts in red and has a line thru
it.. don't know how to correct this

Thanks for help.

--
Bill

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
WeeWilly spewed forth:
> I'm trying to make changes to a documen created in Word. We have
> Word 9.0
> When I highlight a word to delete and hit delete or go to end of word
> and press the back space button.. the word highlihts in red and has a
> line thru it.. don't know how to correct this
>
> Thanks for help.

I hate Word. I won't use it if I don't have to. But I think you may have
"Track Changes" turned on, or something like that.

NBN

right click on red line and select " ignore "

"WeeWilly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to make changes to a documen created in Word. We have Word 9.0
>
> When I highlight a word to delete and hit delete or go to end of word and
> press the back space button.. the word highlihts in red and has a line
> thru it.. don't know how to correct this
>
> Thanks for help.
>
> --
> Bill

WeeWilly

Toolman Tim.. thanks.. that was a great starting point and it helped find
the answer.

NBN.. I tried that.. but, all I got was a thesaurus.. wierd.. but that's
what I got.

"NBN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:t0y7g.3598$(E-Mail Removed)...
> right click on red line and select " ignore "
>
> "WeeWilly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm trying to make changes to a documen created in Word. We have Word
>> 9.0
>>
>> When I highlight a word to delete and hit delete or go to end of word and
>> press the back space button.. the word highlihts in red and has a line
>> thru it.. don't know how to correct this
>>
>> Thanks for help.
>>
>> --
>> Bill

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, WeeWilly
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm trying to make changes to a documen created in Word. We have Word 9.0
>
> When I highlight a word to delete and hit delete or go to end of word and
> press the back space button.. the word highlihts in red and has a line thru
> it.. don't know how to correct this

One of the functions in Word allows people to track the changes that
are made in a shared document. This is an option in the program
settings and the Tools menu to "Track Changes."
It is showing you a word that has been deleted, so that everyone can
see the changes that have been made to the document.

If you don't want to see the changes, turn off this function.

FML

WeeWilly wrote:
> I'm trying to make changes to a documen created in Word. We have Word 9.0
>
> When I highlight a word to delete and hit delete or go to end of word and
> press the back space button.. the word highlihts in red and has a line thru
> it.. don't know how to correct this
>
> Thanks for help.

In Word 9 (aka 2000) go to Tools -> Track Changes -> Highlight Changes
and make sure that "Track changes while editing" in *not* ticked then
click on OK.