Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Monitor port name (not Mac)

Monitor port name (not Mac)

Richard Fangnail

What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
don't know the exact name.

Thank you.

Trax

"Richard Fangnail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
|>desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
|>don't know the exact name.

Well programmers refer to it as the CON port.

--
*.. )) -::-
. .))

Zitty

"Richard Fangnail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
> desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
> don't know the exact name.
>
> Thank you.

Monitor Port

Beck

"Richard Fangnail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
> desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
> don't know the exact name.

VGA socket usually.

Mistoffolees

Richard Fangnail wrote:

> What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
> desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
> don't know the exact name.
>
> Thank you.

There usually isn't a name but an icon of a monitor. If
any maker were to assign a name, it would probably be
"video", and it would be a female DB-15 port.

Mr C

It is a D-sub female DE-15 VGA connector.

Mr C.

Richard Fangnail has brought this to us :
> What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
> desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
> don't know the exact name.
>
> Thank you.

Whiskers

On 2006-05-06, Beck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Richard Fangnail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
>> desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
>> don't know the exact name.

> VGA socket usually.

Or DVI if it's 'digital' rather than 'analogue'.

--
-- Whiskers

Oedipus Rex

Mr C <(E-Mail Removed)> said in news:mn.34ca7d65e6e2e84c.54346
@yahoo.com:

> It is a D-sub female DE-15 VGA connector.
>
> Mr C.

I knew that........