Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > File view in Windows Explorer

File view in Windows Explorer

DaveF

For Windows Explorer in XP

How can I set the View menu to List and have it permanently stay there
for ever and ever? It keeps reverting back to those big ugly file
folder icons, at least most of the time. I can't find any menu to
freeze the setting.

Thanks, DaveF

thanatoid

DaveF <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> For Windows Explorer in XP
>
> How can I set the View menu to List and have it permanently
> stay there for ever and ever? It keeps reverting back to
> those big ugly file folder icons, at least most of the
> time. I can't find any menu to freeze the setting.
>
> Thanks, DaveF

Download Total Commander from www.ghisler.com, spend some time
learning what you need of its many features, and never use
Explorer again.

As I have repeatedly stated, WE appears to me to have been
intentionally designed to let you do the least possible with as
much trouble as possible.

--
thanatoid-Tip® #15
Depending on the origin, an insult can be a compliment and vice

Donald Lessau

"DaveF" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For Windows Explorer in XP
>
> How can I set the View menu to List and have it permanently stay there
> for ever and ever? It keeps reverting back to those big ugly file
> folder icons, at least most of the time. I can't find any menu to
> freeze the setting.

Ever tried an alternative file manager like XYplorer (shareware)? It
remembers everything forever.
http://www.xyplorer.com/

Don

DaveF

On Sat, 06 May 2006 04:29:51 GMT, DaveF <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For Windows Explorer in XP
>
>How can I set the View menu to List and have it permanently stay there
>for ever and ever? It keeps reverting back to those big ugly file
>folder icons, at least most of the time. I can't find any menu to
>freeze the setting.
>
>Thanks, DaveF

Thanks thanatoid and Donald. I normally avoid WE as well as any
Microshit programs I can. My main file manager is Compupic Pro. But
yesterday I was restoring files to a new hard drive and having lots of
problems, one being the restore thrashed my copy of Cpic. I had to
use WE. But I will check out Xyplorer and Total Commander as
optional backups to Cpic. Thanks!
DaveF

bruno cardinal

"DaveF" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 06 May 2006 04:29:51 GMT, DaveF <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >For Windows Explorer in XP
> >
> >How can I set the View menu to List and have it permanently stay there
> >for ever and ever? It keeps reverting back to those big ugly file
> >folder icons, at least most of the time. I can't find any menu to
> >freeze the setting.
> >
> >Thanks, DaveF

> Thanks thanatoid and Donald. I normally avoid WE as well as any
> Microshit programs I can. My main file manager is Compupic Pro. But
> yesterday I was restoring files to a new hard drive and having lots of
> problems, one being the restore thrashed my copy of Cpic. I had to
> use WE. But I will check out Xyplorer and Total Commander as
> optional backups to Cpic. Thanks!
> DaveF

Try Jexplorer.exe from everex.com (free and very convenient)
http://www.everrex.com/

DaveF

On Sat, 6 May 2006 16:10:55 -0400, "bruno cardinal"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"DaveF" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sat, 06 May 2006 04:29:51 GMT, DaveF <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Try Jexplorer.exe from everex.com (free and very convenient)
>http://www.everrex.com/

Thanks bruno I sure will
DaveF