Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strange WinXP Pro problem: Keyboard press does not result in desired character on screen

Strange WinXP Pro problem: Keyboard press does not result in desired character on screen

Jimmy Dean

i.e. pressing "a" on the keyboard results in "j" (for example) on the
screen.

The mismatch is consistent however, "a" always results in "j" etc.

What could cause such strange behaviour?

jd

beenthere

"Jimmy Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i.e. pressing "a" on the keyboard results in "j" (for example) on the
> screen.
>
> The mismatch is consistent however, "a" always results in "j" etc.
>
> What could cause such strange behaviour?

Fastest way to narrow down the problem, is to try another
keyboard, if you can Jimmy.
You don`t mention whether it`s ps\2 or USB.

Ponder

Hiya Jimmy Dean.

In <news:(E-Mail Removed) > you wrote:

> i.e. pressing "a" on the keyboard results in "j" (for example) on the
> screen.
> The mismatch is consistent however, "a" always results in "j" etc.
> What could cause such strange behaviour?

Keyboard settings perhaps? Make sure it's using the keyboard region that
matches the keyboard.

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

Cub

"Jimmy Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i.e. pressing "a" on the keyboard results in "j" (for example) on the
> screen.
>
> The mismatch is consistent however, "a" always results in "j" etc.
>
> What could cause such strange behaviour?
>
> jd

I hjve the sjme problem let me know if you find out whjt it is

Cub

Rich Wilson

"Cub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:445b8386$0$2547$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Jimmy Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> i.e. pressing "a" on the keyboard results in "j" (for example) on the
>> screen.
>>
>> The mismatch is consistent however, "a" always results in "j" etc.
>>
>> What could cause such strange behaviour?
>>
>> jd

> I hjve the sjme problem let me know if you find out whjt it is

ROFLMJO

Jimmy Dean

On Fri, 05 May 2006 13:22:56 GMT, "beenthere" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Jimmy Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> i.e. pressing "a" on the keyboard results in "j" (for example) on the
>> screen.
>>
>> The mismatch is consistent however, "a" always results in "j" etc.
>>
>> What could cause such strange behaviour?
>>

>Fastest way to narrow down the problem, is to try another
>keyboard, if you can Jimmy.

Tried that, did not fix

>You don`t mention whether it`s ps\2 or USB.

USB

tia
jd