Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > abuse help

abuse help

Tracymidd

Hi I dont know if this is the right place to ask but its a start, How do i
report someone for abuse on newsgroups please.
If anyone can help, Its greatly appreciated.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Tracymidd wrote:

> Hi I dont know if this is the right place to ask but its a start, How do i
> report someone for abuse on newsgroups please.
> If anyone can help, Its greatly appreciated.

Contact your ISP's abuse team, see what they say.

Tony

"Tracymidd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bSD6g.80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi I dont know if this is the right place to ask but its a start, How do i
> report someone for abuse on newsgroups please.
> If anyone can help, Its greatly appreciated.

You have to work out from the headers of the post where it originated from
and report it to whoever controls the news server from where it was posted.
You could try using Spamcop (www.spamcop.net) but it is possible to make a
post totally anonymously so that it is virtually impossible to trace where
it originated from.

Tracymidd

news:445b10cc$0$24996$(E-Mail Removed) .com...

> "Tracymidd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bSD6g.80$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi I dont know if this is the right place to ask but its a start, How do
>> i report someone for abuse on newsgroups please.
>> If anyone can help, Its greatly appreciated.

> You have to work out from the headers of the post where it originated from
> and report it to whoever controls the news server from where it was
> posted. You could try using Spamcop (www.spamcop.net) but it is possible
> to make a post totally anonymously so that it is virtually impossible to
> trace where it originated from.

I am on ntl myself, but just having a few problems with someone on a
newsgroup, and
I was just going to report it to Ntl, have been to Ntl website and cant find
any link at all there
and when i go to contact it takes me in circles, lol.
Thanks
Tracy

fred-bloggs

"Tracymidd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:mvE6g.559$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:445b10cc$0$24996$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>>
>> "Tracymidd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:bSD6g.80$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi I dont know if this is the right place to ask but its a start,
>>> How do i report someone for abuse on newsgroups please.
>>> If anyone can help, Its greatly appreciated.

>> You have to work out from the headers of the post where it originated
>> from and report it to whoever controls the news server from where it
>> was posted. You could try using Spamcop (www.spamcop.net) but it is
>> possible to make a post totally anonymously so that it is virtually
>> impossible to trace where it originated from.
>>

> I am on ntl myself, but just having a few problems with someone on a
> newsgroup, and I was just going to report it to Ntl, have been to Ntl
> website and cant find any link at all there and when i go to contact
> it takes me in circles, lol.

Have you tried?
http://bbplus.ntlworld.com/NetReport/index.php

--
fred

Beck

"Tracymidd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mvE6g.559$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am on ntl myself, but just having a few problems with someone on a
> newsgroup, and
> I was just going to report it to Ntl, have been to Ntl website and cant
> find any link at all there
> and when i go to contact it takes me in circles, lol.

Reporting it to your isp will not help. You have to report it to their isp.
Best thing to do with trolls is to ignore them really. They will soon get
bored and go away.

Basil Fawlty

> Hi I dont know if this is the right place to ask but its a start, How do i
> report someone for abuse on newsgroups please.
> If anyone can help, Its greatly appreciated.

Get ****ed, you mad cow.

Bill McDonald

"Tracymidd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:mvE6g.559$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:445b10cc$0$24996$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>>
>> "Tracymidd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:bSD6g.80$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi I dont know if this is the right place to ask but its a start,
>>> How do i report someone for abuse on newsgroups please.
>>> If anyone can help, Its greatly appreciated.

>> You have to work out from the headers of the post where it originated
>> from and report it to whoever controls the news server from where it
>> was posted. You could try using Spamcop (www.spamcop.net) but it is
>> possible to make a post totally anonymously so that it is virtually
>> impossible to trace where it originated from.
>>

> I am on ntl myself, but just having a few problems with someone on a
> newsgroup, and
> I was just going to report it to Ntl, have been to Ntl website and
> cant find any link at all there
> and when i go to contact it takes me in circles, lol.
> Thanks
> Tracy

Why not just quietly killfile them and stop responding to their posts?

gangle

"Tracymidd" wrote
> Hi I dont know if this is the right place to ask but its a start, How do i
> report someone for abuse on newsgroups please.
> If anyone can help, Its greatly appreciated.

Define "abuse."

Just This once

"Tracymidd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bSD6g.80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi I dont know if this is the right place to ask but its a start, How do i
> report someone for abuse on newsgroups please.
> If anyone can help, Its greatly appreciated.

Hi Tracy
We can discern from this one post so much about you from the archives,
your UK location, color of your hair, your photographic hobby, even the
cell phone you use! etc etc etc. And also have no doubt that users in this
group will have looked up your details.
Just as an example but within this thread is an abusive post to you, if you
right click you'll receive the properties info, which details the path as
www.dizum.com
You will quickly realise that the specific poster is probably non-traceable.
You use OE, which has Tools/Message Rules/Blocked senders list,
though all it will take is the user to change online names.
Your only real choice is to not respond to trolls, if there is an abuse addy
in the headers you can try that, but doubtful to be of any success.

Abuse of the Net/Abuse on the Net Dr Wankfest Computer Support 14 07-19-2006 10:31 PM
Fighting abuse with abuse Mara Computer Support 70 03-24-2005 08:30 PM
Re: Fighting abuse with abuse Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?= Computer Information 0 03-22-2005 10:31 AM
Certification Abuse MCSE 1 09-20-2004 02:47 PM
Re: Certification Abuse T-Bone MCSE 1 09-20-2004 02:47 PM

Advertisments