Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MP3 Joiner?

MP3 Joiner?

Si

Hi

just ripped a mix CD and it shows as 14 separate MP3's. I wanna join them
all to create one large MP3 file so I can listen to the complete mix on my
MP3 player... at the moment it plays the tunes in alphabetical order...

Anyone recommend a good programme - free or paid for - that can do this?

Ta

thanatoid

"Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:2c76g.196693$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk:

> Hi
>
> just ripped a mix CD and it shows as 14 separate MP3's. I
> wanna join them all to create one large MP3 file so I can
> listen to the complete mix on my MP3 player... at the
> moment it plays the tunes in alphabetical order...
>
> Anyone recommend a good programme - free or paid for - that
> can do this?

If that is EXACTLY what you want to do and are willing to live
with imperfections, Google.

If you want to do it right, which will require some time and
learning how, you have to convert to wav, join everything in a
program like GoldWave (or CoolEditPro or Audition or dozens of
others, some free some not), remove all the digital silences,
make sure there are no clicks where you join the tracks, etc
etc, and then convert to one big mp3 file, OR just burn a
regular audio CD from the wav.

beenthere

"Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2c76g.196693$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk...
> Hi
>
> just ripped a mix CD and it shows as 14 separate MP3's. I wanna join them
> all to create one large MP3 file so I can listen to the complete mix on my
> MP3 player... at the moment it plays the tunes in alphabetical order...
>
> Anyone recommend a good programme - free or paid for - that can do this?
> Ta

This is Free and worth a try
http://www.dirfile.com/mediajoin.htm

fred-bloggs

"Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:2c76g.196693$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk:

> Hi
>
> just ripped a mix CD and it shows as 14 separate MP3's. I wanna join
> them all to create one large MP3 file so I can listen to the complete
> mix on my MP3 player... at the moment it plays the tunes in
> alphabetical order...
>
> Anyone recommend a good programme - free or paid for - that can do
> this?

MusiCutter will join the mp3s without re-encoding
http://musicutter.szm.sk/

or
you could rename the mp3s with the track number first

or
you could rip the CD as 1 big mp3. This is the best solution if you find
you can hear small gaps between the tracks. In CDex this function is
called Extract Section and you make the section the whole CD.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdexos

--
fred

cineman

audacity will allow copy paste facilities

free and open source

"Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2c76g.196693$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk...
> Hi
>
> just ripped a mix CD and it shows as 14 separate MP3's. I wanna join them
> all to create one large MP3 file so I can listen to the complete mix on my
> MP3 player... at the moment it plays the tunes in alphabetical order...
>
> Anyone recommend a good programme - free or paid for - that can do this?
>
> Ta

fmav

On 03 May 2006 19:51:49 GMT, "fred-bloggs"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:2c76g.196693$(E-Mail Removed). co.uk:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> just ripped a mix CD and it shows as 14 separate MP3's. I wanna join
>> them all to create one large MP3 file so I can listen to the complete
>> mix on my MP3 player... at the moment it plays the tunes in
>> alphabetical order...
>>
>> Anyone recommend a good programme - free or paid for - that can do
>> this?
>>

>MusiCutter will join the mp3s without re-encoding
>http://musicutter.szm.sk/
>
>or
>you could rename the mp3s with the track number first
>
>or
>you could rip the CD as 1 big mp3. This is the best solution if you find
>you can hear small gaps between the tracks. In CDex this function is
>called Extract Section and you make the section the whole CD.
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdexos

Fred answer by far easiest.
Put number in front of name in sequence required.
You can even change later when so required.
fmav