Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What edits Ogg files on the fly?

What edits Ogg files on the fly?

Ackny

Does any one know of a program that edits ogg files directly, in the way
that mp3directcut edits mp3 files, without having the decompress them
first.

thanatoid

Ackny <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Does any one know of a program that edits ogg files
> directly, in the way that mp3directcut edits mp3 files,
> without having the decompress them first.

There may be some program that does it (heard of Google?) but
the results will not be good, just as "editing" mp3 within that
format is not good. If you care about your music, you convert it
wav, do all that is required, and encode it back to whatever.
It's a little bit of work, but if you love something, it's more
than worth it. I've tried a few "mp3" editors and they were all
garbage.

Gold Wave is quite simple to use and easy on resources (it does
require a lot of space for temp files though) and I am very
happy with it.

--
thanatoid-Tip® #13
Next time you are in a tall office building, ask to see the

George

Ackny wrote:
> Does any one know of a program that edits ogg files directly, in the
> way that mp3directcut edits mp3 files, without having the decompress
> them first.

Soundforge might do it. . .