Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > pop ups

pop ups

sharon breheny

Does any one know of a safe free anti popup solution

pcbutts1

http://toolbar.google.com/

"sharon breheny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vI16g.85715$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Does any one know of a safe free anti popup solution

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

sharon breheny wrote:

> Does any one know of a safe free anti popup solution

http://mozilla.com/firefox/

...and its companion email client:
http://mozilla.com/thunderbird/

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Jordan T. Greenberg

sharon breheny wrote:
> Does any one know of a safe free anti popup solution

Use Firefox.
www.getfirefox.com

Whiskers

<http://www.opera.com/download/>

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Mara

On Wed, 03 May 2006 12:52:43 GMT, "sharon breheny" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Does any one know of a safe free anti popup solution

Yes. The Firefox web browser.

--
You don't negotiate with spammers any more than you negotiate with
cockroaches: you nuke them. --Rsk

Chadwick Stone©

sharon breheny [(E-Mail Removed)] has entered into testimony
vI16g.85715$(E-Mail Removed)

> Does any one know of a safe free anti popup solution

Firefox
Be sure to install the "adblock" plugin too.
Google is your friend

--

Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

Leythos

In article <vI16g.85715$(E-Mail Removed)> , sb001c6792
@blueyonder.co.uk says...
> Does any one know of a safe free anti popup solution

What kind of POP-Ups?

IE 6 updated and patched, on a Windows XP SP2 computer, comes with one
for free, and it works.

FireFox 1.5 and above comes with a nice built-in POP-UP Blocker.

If you are getting Messenger POP-UP's, then you need a firewall or at
least a NAT device to properly protect your computer.

You do not need MSN, Yahoo, Google, or any other third party pop-up
blockers that also add crap to your computer.

remove 999 in order to email me

Trax

Opera, as posted earlier http://www.opera.com/download/
and a HOSTS file http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

--
*..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Plato

sharon breheny wrote:

> Does any one know of a safe free anti popup solution

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#3

UPS service won't start/no UPS tab in Power Options jdimester Computer Support 6 01-23-2010 03:27 PM
pop-ups problem Hendrik Maryns Firefox 5 05-14-2005 06:47 AM
pop-ups? John Firefox 32 03-08-2005 08:56 AM
pop up prevention problem; for wanted pop ups joe doe Firefox 2 03-03-2005 08:08 AM
Pop-ups, spyware, and the like PopUlist349@hotmail.com Firefox 3 12-30-2004 12:06 AM

Advertisments