Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: [News] Microsoft's Most Used Software is Open Source, Created by Volunteers

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=187347
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | What piece of software is used in Windows, Office, MySQL, and many
> | other places? The Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset.
> |
> | But even better, did you know it's open source? And, did you know that
> | it is developed by an all-volunteer team.
> `----

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

Why wait for micoshaft to 'steal' open source and sell it to you
at a profit. Just go get it directly free - starting with GNU/Linux LiveCDs
http://www.livecdlist.com
http://www.distrowatch.com
http://www.tlm-project.org

OK

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:30:03 GMT, 7
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=187347
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | What piece of software is used in Windows, Office, MySQL, and many
>> | other places? The Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset.
>> |
>> | But even better, did you know it's open source? And, did you know that
>> | it is developed by an all-volunteer team.
>> `----

>BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

What's so funny? That MySQL uses a Microsoft tool to create its
installer?

thanatoid

7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:v%95g.62112$(E-Mail Removed). uk:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=187347
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | What piece of software is used in Windows, Office,
>> | MySQL, and many other places? The Windows Installer XML
>> | (WiX) toolset.
>> |
>> | But even better, did you know it's open source? And, did
>> | you know that it is developed by an all-volunteer team.
>> `----

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
>
> Why wait for micoshaft to 'steal' open source and sell it
> to you at a profit. Just go get it directly free - starting
> with GNU/Linux LiveCDs http://www.livecdlist.com
> http://www.distrowatch.com
> http://www.tlm-project.org

Well, buying DOS for 50 grand from a small company in the same
city could be called stealing considering what profits it
generated for M$.

AFA the above thread, interesting. I don't use XP and I don't
know if there are any or much differences between what you guys
are talking about and the MSI installer - but I have a simple
rule - if a program requires MSI to install, I just delete it
and find a (usually better) alternative.

--
thanatoid-Tip® #11
No one likes the truth, even if it is someone else's.