Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop doesn't start up.

Laptop doesn't start up.

YT

I recently bought a Medion MD 97000 laptop.
It wouldn't start up this morning.
The screen just stays at the Windows XP window.
What can I do? I already tried system restore but it doesn't help.
Its Window XP, intel centrino, Pentium M Processorr 760 (2.0GHZ, 2mb l2
cache, 533MHz, FSB)
and Intel 915PM chipset.
Thx

Noel Paton

"YT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently bought a Medion MD 97000 laptop.
> It wouldn't start up this morning.
> The screen just stays at the Windows XP window.
> What can I do? I already tried system restore but it doesn't help.
> Its Window XP, intel centrino, Pentium M Processorr 760 (2.0GHZ, 2mb l2
> cache, 533MHz, FSB)
> and Intel 915PM chipset.
> Thx

Do you mean that you used the Recovery option offered by Medion - or that
you used Windows System Restore (which means that you managed to boot the
system somehow)??
If the former, then you had best ask Medion for assistance, as it's probably
a hardware problem
If the latter - how did you get into Windows to use System Restore?

Can you boot to Safe Mode?

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

Chadwick Stone©

YT [(E-Mail Removed)] has entered into testimony

Recently bought it? Take that ****er back!

--

Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com