Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Acronis does not find drives

Acronis does not find drives

Martin

I have Acronis True Image ver 9.0 Build 2.2245. I created the rescue CD and
booted from it and did a backup from my main HD to my second HD. I also
managed
to verify the back up after booting again from the rescue CD.
I later tried to do a another back up by starting Acronis from Windows XP.
It went to a panel with Source Files Selection but when I clicked on the My
Computer icon to select the drive I wanted to back up a message came up
saying that Truimage had encountered a problem and needed to close. Is this
a known problem, will I always need to back up the HD or individual files
from the CD ?
Derek.

beenthere

"Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Acronis True Image ver 9.0 Build 2.2245. I created the rescue CD
>and
> booted from it and did a backup from my main HD to my second HD. I also
> managed
> to verify the back up after booting again from the rescue CD.
> I later tried to do a another back up by starting Acronis from Windows XP.
> It went to a panel with Source Files Selection but when I clicked on the
> My Computer icon to select the drive I wanted to back up a message came up
> saying that Truimage had encountered a problem and needed to close. Is
> this a known problem, will I always need to back up the HD or individual
> files from the CD ?
> Derek.

The wording of the error message is important D.
Rt\click My Computer\Manage\Services and make sure the
Acronis scheduler is running.

Martin

"beenthere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gjt4g.6586$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have Acronis True Image ver 9.0 Build 2.2245. I created the rescue CD
>>and
>> booted from it and did a backup from my main HD to my second HD. I also
>> managed
>> to verify the back up after booting again from the rescue CD.
>> I later tried to do a another back up by starting Acronis from Windows
>> XP. It went to a panel with Source Files Selection but when I clicked on
>> the My Computer icon to select the drive I wanted to back up a message
>> came up saying that Truimage had encountered a problem and needed to
>> close. Is this a known problem, will I always need to back up the HD or
>> individual files from the CD ?
>> Derek.
>>

> The wording of the error message is important D.
> Rt\click My Computer\Manage\Services and make sure the
> Acronis scheduler is running.

It showed as Started - Automatic.
Derek.

old man

It works fine for me, I would suspect something else. Try here
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65