Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Video editing software

Video editing software

rfdjr1@optonline.net

I need some advice on a decent program for video editing.

What I want to do is this: I have a DVD from some friends of mine doing a music
concert. I want to post a couple clips on my website. So I want to rip
individual segments fom the DVD, which doesn't have a menu or "scene selections"
as it's not a professionally made disk. What program can I use for this? Thanks.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

> I need some advice on a decent program for video editing.
>
> What I want to do is this: I have a DVD from some friends of mine doing a music
> concert. I want to post a couple clips on my website. So I want to rip
> individual segments fom the DVD, which doesn't have a menu or "scene selections"
> as it's not a professionally made disk. What program can I use for this? Thanks.

Unless you're wanting to invest in a professional type video editing
program such as Vegas Video or Adobe Premiere, I'd download the 30 day
trial version of MPEG Video Wizard from Womble. You can import the files
from the DVD into your project and keep just the good parts, output to
..mpg format.

rfdjr1@optonline.net

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:12:07 -0400, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I need some advice on a decent program for video editing.
>>
>> What I want to do is this: I have a DVD from some friends of mine doing a music
>> concert. I want to post a couple clips on my website. So I want to rip
>> individual segments fom the DVD, which doesn't have a menu or "scene selections"
>> as it's not a professionally made disk. What program can I use for this? Thanks.

>Unless you're wanting to invest in a professional type video editing
>program such as Vegas Video or Adobe Premiere, I'd download the 30 day
>trial version of MPEG Video Wizard from Womble. You can import the files
>from the DVD into your project and keep just the good parts, output to
>.mpg format.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. This is probably a one time project, so a thirty
day trial will be fine.

Peaches

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:12:07 -0400, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I need some advice on a decent program for video editing.
>>>
>>> What I want to do is this: I have a DVD from some friends of mine doing
>>> a music
>>> concert. I want to post a couple clips on my website. So I want to rip
>>> individual segments fom the DVD, which doesn't have a menu or "scene
>>> selections"
>>> as it's not a professionally made disk. What program can I use for this?
>>> Thanks.

>>Unless you're wanting to invest in a professional type video editing
>>program such as Vegas Video or Adobe Premiere, I'd download the 30 day
>>trial version of MPEG Video Wizard from Womble. You can import the files
>>from the DVD into your project and keep just the good parts, output to
>>.mpg format.

> Thanks. I'll give that a try. This is probably a one time project, so a
> thirty
> day trial will be fine.

http://www.vidomi.com/
Is an excellent video editing freeware tool.
In your instance, download and install.
Import the footage
Click options, select "output range"
If select to Output clip as an AVI then
further editing/transitions/titles etc and output
to other formats can then be performed with
WIn Movie Maker (XP only).

Or

http://tinyurl.com/h57h4
This is download.com, an excellent site for
all types of software. This link is to the search
result for freeware mpeg editing. You can expand
the search to include "free to try" or "all licenses".
Or change search criteria: "DVD editing" etc
They have software of every type.