Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to Access IBM Thinkpad Bios Screen

How to Access IBM Thinkpad Bios Screen

Trebby

I have been getting a "change password within 15 days" notice from my laptop
as I try to use my current password to log in.

I believe I can reset my password through the Bios but don't recall which
key to use to enter immediately after power on.

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.......

Treb

Evan Platt

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:49:02 GMT, "Trebby" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have been getting a "change password within 15 days" notice from my laptop
>as I try to use my current password to log in.

That sounds more like an operating system issue than a Bios issue.

>I believe I can reset my password through the Bios but don't recall which
>key to use to enter immediately after power on.

Your laptop should say "Press <KEY> to SETUP" or some statement when
it boots.

>Can anyone help.
>
>Thanks in advance.......

Where exactly do you see the change password" message?

Mara

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:49:02 GMT, "Trebby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have been getting a "change password within 15 days" notice from my laptop
>as I try to use my current password to log in.
>
>I believe I can reset my password through the Bios but don't recall which
>key to use to enter immediately after power on.
>
>Can anyone help.

Log in to where? The BIOS, or Windows, or Mars? Which version of Windows? XP,
PU, what?

If you're getting that message at the *Windows* login screen, you need to change
it in Windows.

In XP, it's in Control Panel/User Accounts [your account] "Change my password."

--
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in
the lie. One word of truth outweighs the world.

Meat Plow

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:49:02 +0000, Trebby wrote:

> I have been getting a "change password within 15 days" notice from my
> laptop as I try to use my current password to log in.
>
> I believe I can reset my password through the Bios but don't recall which
> key to use to enter immediately after power on.
>
> Can anyone help.
>
> Thanks in advance.......
>
> Treb

Contact your system admin.

why?

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 06:57:20 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:49:02 +0000, Trebby wrote:
>
>> I have been getting a "change password within 15 days" notice from my
>> laptop as I try to use my current password to log in.
>>
>> I believe I can reset my password through the Bios but don't recall which
>> key to use to enter immediately after power on.

<snip>
>> Treb

>Contact your system admin.

It was the sysadmin asking.

Me

Treb

"Trebby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have been getting a "change password within 15 days" notice from my
>laptop as I try to use my current password to log in.
>
> I believe I can reset my password through the Bios but don't recall which
> key to use to enter immediately after power on.
>
> Can anyone help.
>
> Thanks in advance.......
>
> Treb

It was Windows XP.............

I had to access the Bios and used F1................

In there I changed the login password.................

It was kinda weird in that the logon screen kept asking for the password to

Unfortunately, I received this information via phone and it wasn't first

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.................

Treb

Meat Plow

I sure hope the **** not.