Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-221

70-221

Rico Kabir

I have been preparing for this exam for over six months but still do not
feel confident to sit for the exam. I bought Transcender and Self Test
Software practice exams. I find it hard to concentrate on long scenarios
and loose track by the time I go to the questions. Have anyone taken this
exam? Can you give me some hints? Thanks very much.

brianz

Cheat then. If you feel this exam is causing you so much trouble then the
best solution is to get the officical scenarios. Obtain them, learn them
and research the answers.
www.fravo.com has 5 scenarios for 221.
Then when you pass, don't try saying your 100% on this subject, because you
passed without actually knowing enough about the subject.

Brian
MCP, MCSA, MCSE

"Rico Kabir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f80e4e7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been preparing for this exam for over six months but still do not
> feel confident to sit for the exam. I bought Transcender and Self Test
> Software practice exams. I find it hard to concentrate on long scenarios
> and loose track by the time I go to the questions. Have anyone taken this
> exam? Can you give me some hints? Thanks very much.

Lady

When you use the SelfTest software, look forward to the end of the question
and find out exactly what M$ is looking for... then read the entire
question, disregarding the unnecessary parts to concentrate on finding the
answer.

After you answer each question, read SelfTest's explanation for the each
choice to learn why the right answer(s) were right and the wrong answer(s)
were wrong.

Leave the Transcenders alone for now and concentrate solely on SelfTest -
you'll be ready within a couple of weeks.

Hope this helps.

"Rico Kabir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f80e4e7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been preparing for this exam for over six months but still do not
> feel confident to sit for the exam. I bought Transcender and Self Test
> Software practice exams. I find it hard to concentrate on long scenarios
> and loose track by the time I go to the questions. Have anyone taken this
> exam? Can you give me some hints? Thanks very much.

Marian

Rico I assume that you have passed 70-216. You will apply
the knowledge in the exam to this one.

This is how I pass the Designs and teach my students to
approach the exams:
Read the sceanario once to get an overall picture.

Use ONE piece of paper to map out the entire project. I
use colored pens so I can quickly identify when I start
answering questions. For an example I use red to draw the
links between cities and then write what it is, such as T1
or 56K and a U for whether they will upgrade or NU if they
are not going to upgrade at this time.

I draw a large circle for the city, headquarters or
whatever it is make a note on busines model and write what
OSs or servers they are running, then in a different color
what they want to implement in that city.

Practice this way until you know what to note and can
immediately glance at your notes and quickly anwswer.

Ask for 4 pieces of paper when you sit, I took my colored
pens with me and the testing center let me use them, I
could have done it with black, but it did make it easier.

If you purchased the on-line version of SelfTest don't
hesitate to ask the Mentor. They are very knowledgeable
and curtious.

This is a fun test.

Good luck and practice!

Marian, MCSE NT/2000
Instructor/Administrator of a Microsoft IT Academy

Thierry DEMAN \(MVP\)

Hi,

for exams with scenarios, I tried now the solution to read the question
first and to go back to informations after...
=> You will be able to win some usefull minutes... and will learn the
scenario question by question !

That can be an easier solution for you.

Bye.

--