Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > British ID cards

British ID cards

Whiskers

On 2006-04-26, pandamonium <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:22:10 GMT, beenthere wrote:
>
>> Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006
>>
>> Subject: ID cards are no joke
>>
>> PLEASE PASS THIS ON:
>>

> <SNIP>
>
> I'm afraid passing these circulars around won't help much. The next
> generations are already being conditioned into using their fingerprints in
> schools for library borrowing, registrations, paying for school trips. I
> even read of one school that plans to scan pupils' fingerprints in the
> canteen and keep a record of their lunchtime choices so that a nutrition
> profile can be built and sent to their parents. They're being conditioned
> into accepting it as the norm. All of those scary sci-fi films are coming
> true.
>
> You bunch of arseholes!

The kids will soon learn how to borrow fingerprints. It's a trivial
trick, not much harder than having a work-mate punch your work-card in and
out of the factory time-clock without you actually being there at all.

Of course, when the teachers discover that the children are not there
even when they can see them, and that the teachers are eating all the chips
themselves, someone might start to see how daft that system is.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Dan Evans

"beenthere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6uK3g.2$(E-Mail Removed)...

> every Spaniard
> has a compulsory ID Card

That we have to pay for.

Dan

Dan Evans

"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:z3Q3g.62$(E-Mail Removed)...

> If it means my freedom to travel in an aeroplane without fear of some
> shithead sitting next to me with a pipe bomb shoved up his arse, then give
> me an ID card.

Will it **** stop a terrorist, but it will make it easier to guess his name
afterwards.

Dan

Dan Evans

"Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I suspect that terrorists and suicide bombers and other criminals will
> have the very best ID cards, fully legal and legitimate and bang
> up-to-date. Like the ones who flew those planes into the WTC, and the
> ones who bombed the trains in Spain, and all those suicide bombers in th
> 'Holy Land'.

What will happen is what the Irish did. Kids will be told by "yer man" to
behave, keep his nose clean, don't join in the bottle riots, and then when
he's old enough will be told to **** off and join the Paras - not a problem
as there is no criminal/security record. After the guy has done his time, he
comes out of the Army, knows his way around kit and trains others, and is
free to cause merry hell.

Dan

Dan Evans

"D@Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:444fcc66$(E-Mail Removed)...

> they had ID cards during the 39-45 war for your information.....

The retinal scan wasn't worth a fart though.

Dan

Marful

"Tab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "antwine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Wish they would do that here!
>> "beenthere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:6uK3g.2$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>> Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006
>>>
>>> Subject: ID cards are no joke
>>>

> Im not an illegal immigrant,nor do I break the law or draw Social Security
> so I have nothing to worry about

Many people in the course of history have uttered words of that nature ...
"I'm not a jew so I don't need to worry ... I'm not black so I don't need to
worry etc etc . I'm not implying racism here all I'm saying is that when a
government is allowed to erode civil liberties of free citizens it's a
slippery slope.

I personally don't want anyone holding my details on file when I don't know
WHAT they are using them for.

The Old Sourdough

Marful rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> "Tab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "antwine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Wish they would do that here!
>>> "beenthere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:6uK3g.2$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Im not an illegal immigrant,nor do I break the law or draw Social
>> Security so I have nothing to worry about

Famous last words....

> Many people in the course of history have uttered words of that nature
> ... "I'm not a jew so I don't need to worry ... I'm not black so I
> don't need to worry etc etc . I'm not implying racism here all I'm
> saying is that when a government is allowed to erode civil liberties
> of free citizens it's a slippery slope.

But they're not "eroding freedoms", they're "protecting" people.

> I personally don't want anyone holding my details on file when I don't
> know WHAT they are using them for.

Or who is using it. It only takes one miscreant to misuse/sell/give away
the information to create a huge problem for whoever's data it is. Here in
the States, as they say, if two people in Washington, DC know a secret,
it's not a secret anymore.

--
The Old Sourdough
Our government would *never* lie to us, would they?

Mara

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:57:09 -0500, The Old Sourdough <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Marful rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

<snip>
>> I personally don't want anyone holding my details on file when I don't
>> know WHAT they are using them for.
>>>

>Or who is using it. It only takes one miscreant to misuse/sell/give away
>the information to create a huge problem for whoever's data it is. Here in
>the States, as they say, if two people in Washington, DC know a secret,
>it's not a secret anymore.

Shouldn't that be *one* person in that particular city?

>--
>The Old Sourdough
>Our government would *never* lie to us, would they?

HAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAetc.

--
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in
the lie. One word of truth outweighs the world.