Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DAB radio reception?

DAB radio reception?

fred2

Would like to give someone moving to Dublin (Ireland) a DAB radio. However,
it would be futile to give as a present a digital radio, if there are
reception difficulties. So - any Dubliners here who could offer first hand
experience? If this service is not available to a portable, I would have to
buy last centuries technology ( steam powered FM & AM! ).
TIA
Fred

sam

fred2 wrote:
> Would like to give someone moving to Dublin (Ireland) a DAB radio. However,
> it would be futile to give as a present a digital radio, if there are
> reception difficulties. So - any Dubliners here who could offer first hand
> experience? If this service is not available to a portable, I would have to
> buy last centuries technology ( steam powered FM & AM! ).
> TIA
> Fred

Last century ? Last millenium you mean!

Zitty

"sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> fred2 wrote:
>> Would like to give someone moving to Dublin (Ireland) a DAB radio.
>> However, it would be futile to give as a present a digital radio, if
>> there are reception difficulties. So - any Dubliners here who could offer
>> first hand experience? If this service is not available to a portable, I
>> would have to buy last centuries technology ( steam powered FM & AM! ).
>> TIA
>> Fred

I wouldn't bother with DAB anyway - the audio quality is terrible compared
to FM.

> Last century ? Last millenium you mean!

They had AM/FM radio's 1000's years ago??? Oh, and its spelt millennium btw.

Peaches

"fred2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Would like to give someone moving to Dublin (Ireland) a DAB radio.
> However, it would be futile to give as a present a digital radio, if there
> are reception difficulties. So - any Dubliners here who could offer first
> hand experience? If this service is not available to a portable, I would
> have to buy last centuries technology ( steam powered FM & AM! ).
> TIA
> Fred

RTE have only recently launched DAB and only in Dublin,
But it will expand:
http://www.rte.ie/radio1/story/1073221.html

fred2

"Zitty" <moc.dlrowltn@esuba> wrote in message
news:_4w3g.18552$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> fred2 wrote:
>>> Would like to give someone moving to Dublin (Ireland) a DAB radio.
>>> However, it would be futile to give as a present a digital radio, if
>>> there are reception difficulties. So - any Dubliners here who could
>>> offer
>>> first hand experience? If this service is not available to a portable, I
>>> would have to buy last centuries technology ( steam powered FM & AM! ).
>>> TIA
>>> Fred

> I wouldn't bother with DAB anyway - the audio quality is terrible compared
> to FM.
>
>> Last century ? Last millenium you mean!

> They had AM/FM radio's 1000's years ago??? Oh, and its spelt millennium
> btw.

Common mistake based on the one n (as below)

millenary [mI'l*lnErI] pl -naries noun
1 a sum or aggregate of one thousand, esp. one thousand years

2 another word for a millennium
adjective, noun
3 another word for millenarian
[C16: from Late Latin millenarius containing a thousand, from Latin
mille thousand]

(personally speaking - I wouldn't bother with DAB either, but for my
friend's wish list!)

Fred

Gordon

Zitty wrote:

> I wouldn't bother with DAB anyway - the audio quality is terrible
> compared to FM.

ROTFLMAO!

new DAB pocket radio story john d hamilton Computer Support 80 07-17-2009 11:08 PM
[OT: How to broadcast an internet radio on a real radio world wide?] Jan C. Faerber HTML 0 06-30-2009 08:05 AM
DAB Radio kipper Computer Support 7 03-09-2009 12:12 AM
Increase DAB Radio Signal Strength Digits Are King Computer Support 5 12-04-2006 06:11 PM
ASP.NET Reset Radio Button in a group of Radio Buttons Scott D Johnson ASP .Net 1 09-27-2006 10:38 PM

Advertisments