Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to turn off low disk space warning ?

How to turn off low disk space warning ?

DaveF

I decided to transfer some important files from my active 160 gig C
drive to my old C drive, which is now drive E, a 20 gig unit as a
form of backup.

I filled up E drive except for 64 Kb. Now XP sends me an annoying
"Low Disk Space" warning about drive E about once a minute. But I
don't care that there is low space. Does anyone know how to turn off
the warning ?

Thanks
Dave F.

pcbutts1

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=285107

"DaveF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I decided to transfer some important files from my active 160 gig C
> drive to my old C drive, which is now drive E, a 20 gig unit as a
> form of backup.
>
> I filled up E drive except for 64 Kb. Now XP sends me an annoying
> "Low Disk Space" warning about drive E about once a minute. But I
> don't care that there is low space. Does anyone know how to turn off
> the warning ?
>
> Thanks
> Dave F.

DaveF

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:39:38 -0700, "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=285107

Thank you very much. I went there, followed the Registry instructions
and the warning is toast now

pcbutts1

You're welcome.