Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Servedbyadvertising..... sucks.

Servedbyadvertising..... sucks.

Plato

> What happens when you guys go to this link?
>
> http://servedby.advertising.com/*

Sounds like a spam link. I'd NEVER even click on it.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Plato wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> What happens when you guys go to this link?
>>
>> http://servedby.advertising.com/*

> Sounds like a spam link. I'd NEVER even click on it.

The above link does nothing.

I believe the OP's use of the asterisk is because all of the links to
servedby.advertising.com/ always include directories/subdirectories and
ad pages set up for the client that hired them.

Anyway, just put it in your HOSTS file and never be bothered with them
again.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Leesa_Tay@softhome.net

Thanks... For all the replies. I will implement some of the
suggestions.

BTW.... I don't even have to CLICK on that link to have problems with
it. It seems ANY page that has an association with that link will be
problematic for me.

The page will begin loading in just fine and I will see in my status
bar that SERVEDBY ADVERTISING is sending me information or whatever it
says and that does it... either a disconnect or a hang or other weird
crap.

Thanks so much.

LEESA (I)

Jimchip

On 2006-04-24, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thanks... For all the replies. I will implement some of the
> suggestions.
>
> BTW.... I don't even have to CLICK on that link to have problems with
> it. It seems ANY page that has an association with that link will be
> problematic for me.

You have the "SERVEDBY ADVERTISING" pest installed on your computer.
First run AdAware to get rid of it. Then you can play with the other
suggestions.

--
"SERVEDBY JIMCHIP"