Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Thumbnails views in Windows Explorer

Thumbnails views in Windows Explorer

rfdjr1@optonline.net

Anyone know if having a lot of folders with defaults of thumbnail views in
Windows Explorer uses up any more resources than just lists, or details, or
icons? I run a number of websites and I like to leave these folders so they open
to thumbnails as it's easier to quickly find graphics, but I don't want to slow
down the machine. I'm running Windows XP on a 3.2Ghz system with 2Gb RAM.
Thanks.

Jimchip

On 2006-04-23, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Anyone know if having a lot of folders with defaults of thumbnail views in
> Windows Explorer uses up any more resources than just lists, or details, or
> icons? I run a number of websites and I like to leave these folders so they open
> to thumbnails as it's easier to quickly find graphics, but I don't want to slow
> down the machine. I'm running Windows XP on a 3.2Ghz system with 2Gb RAM.
> Thanks.

It is a bit slower but your machine is so fast it shouldn't be a concern.

--
Unless you can acutely sense milliseconds or centiseconds.

Parko

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Anyone know if having a lot of folders with defaults of thumbnail views in
> Windows Explorer uses up any more resources than just lists, or details, or
> icons? I run a number of websites and I like to leave these folders so they open
> to thumbnails as it's easier to quickly find graphics, but I don't want to slow
> down the machine. I'm running Windows XP on a 3.2Ghz system with 2Gb RAM.
> Thanks.

Better buy an extra stick of RAM just to be safe...

--
Parko