Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Making replica file servers

Making replica file servers

Ben Freeman

What would everyone recommend the best method for making a
fault tolerant setup for a file server? Of course there is
the normal implementations like RAID 1+5 or other
variations. But what about actually making two file
servers that are identical somehow and replicating the
files on each back and forth? Is there a way to do this?
DFS has a way to make a replica but I was under the
assumption that it only made a replica of the DFS
namespace. I didn't think it actually put copies of all
the files on both servers as well. I've done this in the
past with robocopy and AT, but I was looking for a better
solution then that. Any ideas?