Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Freecom USB Classic HD

Freecom USB Classic HD

Rod

Hi,

Has anyone encountered a problem with these? My 120GB version is now
unreadable - error message says the file or directory is corrupted and
unreadable. Any clues as to how to read the files?

TIA,

Rod

mentalguy2004

"Rod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone encountered a problem with these? My 120GB version is now
> unreadable - error message says the file or directory is corrupted and
> unreadable. Any clues as to how to read the files?
>
> TIA,
>
> Rod

Don't know if this will help (if the disk is physically busted) but you can
take the Freecom apart, remove the hard drive and use it in your PC just
like any other hard drive. I was getting strange errors with mine, but did
this and everything was OK (except for the Freecom circuitry that I didn't
need any more anyway).