Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > change email client with netscape navigator

change email client with netscape navigator

Anon

Can anybody tell me how to change my default email client in Netscape
navigator 7.2 to outlook express. (using win 98se)
Thanks for help

Peaches

"Anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IVR1g.8310$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anybody tell me how to change my default email client in Netscape
> navigator 7.2 to outlook express. (using win 98se)
> Thanks for help

To don't actually change, or migrate etc, you just set up OE
It involves configuring OE with your Email accounts POP3 and SMTP servers.
These details will be supplied by your ISP/email account provider:
Once you have those details, follow this guide:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171163/en-us

If you have an AOL account, it is only recently that AOL reconfigured
their propriatary email servers to be compatible with OE.
Though many features are still not available for AOL accounts, and
If you are AOL'er you maybe best staying with netscape.
Read more:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883081/en-us

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Anon wrote:

> Can anybody tell me how to change my default email client in Netscape
> navigator 7.2 to outlook express. (using win 98se)

Start OE. Go to Tools > Options > General tab
Click the appropriate button.

But why would you want to do this, downgrade from a two-year-old app to
a six-year-old app? Why not upgrade your old version of Netscape to the
latest Seamonkey ?

http://mozilla.com/seamonkey

--
-bts