Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Shirley Azvedo

Useing 2.0 gigahertz processor, 512 ram, 120 gig harddrive

I am having issues with my computer at the moment. It keeps giving me the
computer equivelant of the middle finger. (The dreaded blue screen) I am
currently running windows xp professional on a built computer. I also have
office 2000 professional installed. That is all i have on it.

My lead up to meltdown was spurratic freezeing which worked into failure to
reboot. I am getting a screen saying:
"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or
corrupt: system32\DRIVERS\nvata.sys"
It told me that i can attempt to repair it by loading my origional disk and
hitting 'r'. Upon doing so it goes through loading a bunch of files and
then proceeds to freeze at "examining 114471 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on Bus 0 on
atapi...". This has happened repeatedly. I am not aposed to a complete
reinstall and have attempted that also. After the same freezeing in the
same place as above occured a few times, I began getting the dreaded blue
screen...

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
technical information:
*** Stop: 0x00000050 (0xc2600000, 0x00000000, 0x8080b20d, oxoooooooo)

That is where i am currently standing. I am a first time poster, so i
apologize if there is a lack of helpful information. Any help would be
appreciated.

Walter Mautner

Shirley Azvedo wrote:

> Useing 2.0 gigahertz processor, 512 ram, 120 gig harddrive
>
> I am having issues with my computer at the moment. It keeps giving me the
> computer equivelant of the middle finger. (The dreaded blue screen) I am
> currently running windows xp professional on a built computer. I also have
> office 2000 professional installed. That is all i have on it.
>
> My lead up to meltdown was spurratic freezeing which worked into failure
> reboot. I am getting a screen saying:
> "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or
> corrupt: system32\DRIVERS\nvata.sys"
> It told me that i can attempt to repair it by loading my origional disk
> and
> hitting 'r'. Upon doing so it goes through loading a bunch of files and
> then proceeds to freeze at "examining 114471 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on Bus 0
> on
> atapi...". This has happened repeatedly. I am not aposed to a complete
> reinstall and have attempted that also. After the same freezeing in the
> same place as above occured a few times, I began getting the dreaded blue
> screen...
>
> PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
> technical information:
> *** Stop: 0x00000050 (0xc2600000, 0x00000000, 0x8080b20d, oxoooooooo)
>
> That is where i am currently standing. I am a first time poster, so i
> apologize if there is a lack of helpful information. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Not that I am certain, but you should check your harddrive. Download the
manufacturers check floppy (should be bootable) and try.
Reading "nvata" ... which appears to be no standard hd driver .... makes me
think you need a repair install with F6 and the driver floppy supplied.
Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

philo

<snip>

> screen...
>
> PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
> technical information:
> *** Stop: 0x00000050 (0xc2600000, 0x00000000, 0x8080b20d, oxoooooooo)
>
> That is where i am currently standing. I am a first time poster, so i
> apologize if there is a lack of helpful information. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Run a RAM test

google for memtest86

Meat Plow

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:49:53 +0200, Walter Mautner wrote:

> Subject: Re: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
> From: Walter Mautner <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:49:53 +0200
>
> Shirley Azvedo wrote:
>

>> Useing 2.0 gigahertz processor, 512 ram, 120 gig harddrive
>>
>> I am having issues with my computer at the moment. It keeps giving me the
>> computer equivelant of the middle finger. (The dreaded blue screen) I am
>> currently running windows xp professional on a built computer. I also have
>> office 2000 professional installed. That is all i have on it.
>>
>> My lead up to meltdown was spurratic freezeing which worked into failure
>> reboot. I am getting a screen saying:
>> "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or
>> corrupt: system32\DRIVERS\nvata.sys"
>> It told me that i can attempt to repair it by loading my origional disk
>> and
>> hitting 'r'. Upon doing so it goes through loading a bunch of files and
>> then proceeds to freeze at "examining 114471 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on Bus 0
>> on
>> atapi...". This has happened repeatedly. I am not aposed to a complete
>> reinstall and have attempted that also. After the same freezeing in the
>> same place as above occured a few times, I began getting the dreaded blue
>> screen...
>>
>> PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
>> technical information:
>> *** Stop: 0x00000050 (0xc2600000, 0x00000000, 0x8080b20d, oxoooooooo)
>>
>> That is where i am currently standing. I am a first time poster, so i
>> apologize if there is a lack of helpful information. Any help would be
>> appreciated.

> Not that I am certain, but you should check your harddrive.

Glad your not certain, retard. Page faults are usually caused by two
applications stomping on each other's memory heap and not the ****ing hard
drive.