Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Migrating from and NT seerver to a 2K server

Migrating from and NT seerver to a 2K server

another MickG

Hi folks,

I am about to migrate over a thousand users from an old
NT server to a new 2K server. I have the Microsoft
migration tool to help me, but I need some extra
scripts to finish the job.

I need a script that will find all users that have
their home share on "server-fs1-nt" and change it to
"server-fs1-2k".

e.g. \\server-fs1-nt\JoeBloggs$ needs changing to
\\server-fs1-2k\JoeBloggs$

At the moment I can't use DFS, so unfortunately I'm
going to have to change all the share paths.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mike

John Holmes

another MickG blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am about to migrate over a thousand users from an old
> NT server to a new 2K server. I have the Microsoft
> migration tool to help me, but I need some extra
> scripts to finish the job.
>
> I need a script that will find all users that have
> their home share on "server-fs1-nt" and change it to
> "server-fs1-2k".
>
> e.g. \\server-fs1-nt\JoeBloggs$ needs changing to
> \\server-fs1-2k\JoeBloggs$
>
> At the moment I can't use DFS, so unfortunately I'm
> going to have to change all the share paths.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Mike

Ask the administrator.

--
Your mother was a bulbous toilet cleaner who burnt rubber dog turds on
tramp steamers.

Meat Plow

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:10:04 +0100, another MickG wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am about to migrate over a thousand users from an old
> NT server to a new 2K server. I have the Microsoft
> migration tool to help me, but I need some extra
> scripts to finish the job.
>
> I need a script that will find all users that have
> their home share on "server-fs1-nt" and change it to
> "server-fs1-2k".
>
> e.g. \\server-fs1-nt\JoeBloggs$ needs changing to
> \\server-fs1-2k\JoeBloggs$
>
> At the moment I can't use DFS, so unfortunately I'm
> going to have to change all the share paths.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Mike

You won't find that level os sophisticated help here buddy. And although
I've migrated a couple NT4 servers to W2K, it's been too long to offer any
viable assistance. Maybe the Kadatchia Man can chime in here, he's the
only one I can think of that could help you here in 24hour.

another MickG

Meat Plow wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:10:04 +0100, another MickG wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I am about to migrate over a thousand users from an old
>> NT server to a new 2K server. I have the Microsoft
>> migration tool to help me, but I need some extra
>> scripts to finish the job.
>>
>> I need a script that will find all users that have
>> their home share on "server-fs1-nt" and change it to
>> "server-fs1-2k".
>>
>> e.g. \\server-fs1-nt\JoeBloggs$ needs changing to
>> \\server-fs1-2k\JoeBloggs$
>>
>> At the moment I can't use DFS, so unfortunately I'm
>> going to have to change all the share paths.
>>
>> Any help is much appreciated.
>>
>> Mike

> You won't find that level os sophisticated help here buddy. And although
> I've migrated a couple NT4 servers to W2K, it's been too long to offer any
> viable assistance. Maybe the Kadatchia Man can chime in here, he's the
> only one I can think of that could help you here in 24hour.

lol... Well I do like to offer a challenge