Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HP officejet v40

HP officejet v40

michael branchfield

I have an officejet v40 and it keeps saying "open door clear carriage"
there is no visible jam and HP support was no help they said it was a
mechanical prob. any advice would be appreciated

Evan Platt

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:12:29 GMT, "michael branchfield"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have an officejet v40 and it keeps saying "open door clear carriage"
>there is no visible jam and HP support was no help they said it was a
>mechanical prob. any advice would be appreciated

Did HP have you do troubleshooting, or did you just say "Hi, my
printer says open door clear carriage" and HP said "Oh. That's a
mechanical problem."

michael branchfield

they walked me through the trouble shooting and still nothing happened thats
when the gentleman said that it was a mechanical prob. i recently googled
the prob and apparently its extremely common but couldnt find a solution
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:12:29 GMT, "michael branchfield"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have an officejet v40 and it keeps saying "open door clear carriage"
>>there is no visible jam and HP support was no help they said it was a
>>mechanical prob. any advice would be appreciated

> Did HP have you do troubleshooting, or did you just say "Hi, my
> printer says open door clear carriage" and HP said "Oh. That's a
> mechanical problem."

Dan Evans

"michael branchfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> they walked me through the trouble shooting and still nothing happened
> thats when the gentleman said that it was a mechanical prob. i recently
> googled the prob and apparently its extremely common but couldnt find a
> solution

That's HP for you, and why I've stopped stocking/supplying them.

Dan