Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Micorosoft Office on Desktop and Laptop

Micorosoft Office on Desktop and Laptop

McWideGlide

Is it possible to use Microsoft Office (same product key) on my desktop and
laptop with it registered on both computers? I have a feeling its no, but
maybe you guys know otherwise. Thanks.

Jimchip

On 2006-04-18, McWideGlide <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is it possible to use Microsoft Office (same product key) on my desktop and
> laptop with it registered on both computers? I have a feeling its no, but
> maybe you guys know otherwise. Thanks.

It's possible but illegal.

--
Your morals may vary but don't get caught...The law doesn't vary.

dizum

> It's possible but illegal.
NOPE.

If you own software, you can load it into your desktop and laptop. You
should use only one computer at a time. (While you use laptop, do not use
desktop and vice-versa.)
This will make you 100% legal.
There should be no problem with registration.
I have it that way. I had some problem with registration, because M$
employee in Bangalore was unable to comprehend my situation. I am usin
desktop while at home-office and laptop while on business trips, so I cannot
use desktop while I am on my business trip. I asked M$ Bangalore employee
for a supevisor and in 2 minutes I receive registration key.
Yes, I threathened to return software back to retailer.

--
Pursuant to Public Law No 109-162 I hereby certify, assert, testify,
warrant, and affirm that it is not (nor has it ever been) my intent,

"Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2006-04-18, McWideGlide <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Is it possible to use Microsoft Office (same product key) on my desktop

and
> > laptop with it registered on both computers? I have a feeling its no,

but
> > maybe you guys know otherwise. Thanks.

> It's possible but illegal.
>
> --
> Your morals may vary but don't get caught...The law doesn't vary.

Gordon

McWideGlide wrote:

> Is it possible to use Microsoft Office (same product key) on my desktop
> and
> laptop with it registered on both computers? I have a feeling its no, but
> maybe you guys know otherwise. Thanks.

Yes, but it does depend on the version you have. Read the Eula- it will tell
you whether you can do so with your particular version.

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Meat Plow

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 03:57:00 +0000, McWideGlide wrote:

> Is it possible to use Microsoft Office (same product key) on my desktop and
> laptop with it registered on both computers? I have a feeling its no, but
> maybe you guys know otherwise. Thanks.

Legally, no.

Gordon

Meat Plow wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 03:57:00 +0000, McWideGlide wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to use Microsoft Office (same product key) on my desktop
>> and
>> laptop with it registered on both computers? I have a feeling its no,
>> but
>> maybe you guys know otherwise. Thanks.

> Legally, no.
> --

Rubbish. Certain versions of office SPECIFICALLY say in the Eula that they
CAN be installed on one desktop and one laptop - as long as only one of
them is in use at any one time.

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Jimchip

On 2006-04-18, dizum <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> It's possible but illegal.

> NOPE.

Your example *may* be something like what the OP was talking about but I
don't think so.

Maybe the OP will clarify. Like another responder said, "Read the EULA".

I admit I was thinking about an OEM key and transfer to another computer.

> If you own software, you can load it into your desktop and laptop. You
> should use only one computer at a time. (While you use laptop, do not use
> desktop and vice-versa.)
> This will make you 100% legal.
> There should be no problem with registration.
> I have it that way. I had some problem with registration, because M$
> employee in Bangalore was unable to comprehend my situation. I am usin
> desktop while at home-office and laptop while on business trips, so I cannot
> use desktop while I am on my business trip. I asked M$ Bangalore employee
> for a supevisor and in 2 minutes I receive registration key.
> Yes, I threathened to return software back to retailer.

--
If it's not illegal then they won't 'get caught' and there's nothing to
worry about.

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)l says...
> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 03:57:00 +0000, McWideGlide wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to use Microsoft Office (same product key) on my desktop and
> > laptop with it registered on both computers? I have a feeling its no, but
> > maybe you guys know otherwise. Thanks.

> Legally, no.

Actually, the FULL RETAIL version can be installed on two machines, as
long as the user owns both, is not shared. OEM versions can not be
installed on two machines.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Meat Plow

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:34:01 +0000, Leythos wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local>,
> (E-Mail Removed)l says...
>> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 03:57:00 +0000, McWideGlide wrote:
>>
>> > Is it possible to use Microsoft Office (same product key) on my desktop and
>> > laptop with it registered on both computers? I have a feeling its no, but
>> > maybe you guys know otherwise. Thanks.

>> Legally, no.

> Actually, the FULL RETAIL version can be installed on two machines, as
> long as the user owns both, is not shared. OEM versions can not be
> installed on two machines.

Cool.

Meat Plow

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:26:59 +0100, Gordon wrote:

> Meat Plow wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 03:57:00 +0000, McWideGlide wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to use Microsoft Office (same product key) on my desktop
>>> and
>>> laptop with it registered on both computers? I have a feeling its no,
>>> but
>>> maybe you guys know otherwise. Thanks.

>> Legally, no.
>> --

> Rubbish. Certain versions of office SPECIFICALLY say in the Eula that they
> CAN be installed on one desktop and one laptop - as long as only one of
> them is in use at any one time.

So in other words, my statement is accurate.