Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 24 hour CCTV programme for webcam

24 hour CCTV programme for webcam

sylvia

Hi there
I wonder if anyone could please give me some advice / help. I needed a
programme that is like 24 hour CCTV by using my webcam. The reason for
this is because the kids from my neighbours are always playing football
and bang on our window. it gets worse when summer its here as the
children are out playing all the time. We have tried many different
ways, tried to be nice to them, give them chocolate tell them not to do
it etc, they still dont listen. We've been to the police but no one
takes any notice as the main reason are they are children and we dont
have any evidence. I really needed someone to help me with where can I
find such a programme, it will be great if it can be free. If not as
long as they are not too expensive I am willing to pay as well as the
situation is getting worse and really, unacceptable. I cant even live
peacefully at my own house without being disturb by others. All these
has make me really stressful as I am doing my final year at uni as well
and I just cant deal with this anymore.Thank you for your help and I
hope to hear from someone soon.

Regards

Sylvia

R.Daneel Olivaw

"sylvia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi there
> I wonder if anyone could please give me some advice / help. I needed a
> programme that is like 24 hour CCTV by using my webcam. The reason for
> this is because the kids from my neighbours are always playing football
> and bang on our window. it gets worse when summer its here as the
> children are out playing all the time. We have tried many different
> ways, tried to be nice to them, give them chocolate tell them not to do
> it etc, they still dont listen. We've been to the police but no one
> takes any notice as the main reason are they are children and we dont
> have any evidence. I really needed someone to help me with where can I
> find such a programme, it will be great if it can be free. If not as
> long as they are not too expensive I am willing to pay as well as the
> situation is getting worse and really, unacceptable. I cant even live
> peacefully at my own house without being disturb by others. All these
> has make me really stressful as I am doing my final year at uni as well
> and I just cant deal with this anymore.Thank you for your help and I
> hope to hear from someone soon.
>
> Regards
>
> Sylvia

http://www.zoneminder.com/

Meat Plow

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 06:52:15 -0700, sylvia wrote:

> Subject: 24 hour CCTV programme for webcam
> From: "sylvia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Date: 16 Apr 2006 06:52:15 -0700
>
> Hi there
> I wonder if anyone could please give me some advice / help. I needed a
> programme that is like 24 hour CCTV by using my webcam.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Scroll down to the bottom and download Webcam Timershot. This might help
you.

Meat Plow

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:56:35 +0100, R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:

> "sylvia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Hi there
>> I wonder if anyone could please give me some advice / help. I needed a
>> programme that is like 24 hour CCTV by using my webcam. The reason for
>> this is because the kids from my neighbours are always playing football
>> and bang on our window. it gets worse when summer its here as the
>> children are out playing all the time. We have tried many different
>> ways, tried to be nice to them, give them chocolate tell them not to do
>> it etc, they still dont listen. We've been to the police but no one
>> takes any notice as the main reason are they are children and we dont
>> have any evidence. I really needed someone to help me with where can I
>> find such a programme, it will be great if it can be free. If not as
>> long as they are not too expensive I am willing to pay as well as the
>> situation is getting worse and really, unacceptable. I cant even live
>> peacefully at my own house without being disturb by others. All these
>> has make me really stressful as I am doing my final year at uni as well
>> and I just cant deal with this anymore.Thank you for your help and I
>> hope to hear from someone soon.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Sylvia
>>

> http://www.zoneminder.com/

Is there a port for Windows ?

R.Daneel Olivaw

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:56:35 +0100, R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
>
>> "sylvia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

>> http://www.zoneminder.com/

> Is there a port for Windows ?

No that I have ever found no. Only the Linux Version. But it is a superb
prog and its free - download one of the Live CD Versions - the latest is
ZoneMinder LiveCD v1.21.3 - and you can turn an old PC into a fully fledged
CCTV system - it can be up and running in 20 minutes or so.

Please note to those of you that try it - if you boot from a Live CD on an
XP system and then when the Live CD is up and running you choose the install
option - it will erase your entire XP partition!!

Meat Plow

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:17:59 +0100, R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:

> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
>> On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:56:35 +0100, R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
>>
>>> "sylvia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

>>> http://www.zoneminder.com/

>> Is there a port for Windows ?

> No that I have ever found no. Only the Linux Version. But it is a superb
> prog and its free - download one of the Live CD Versions - the latest is
> ZoneMinder LiveCD v1.21.3 - and you can turn an old PC into a fully fledged
> CCTV system - it can be up and running in 20 minutes or so.
>
> Please note to those of you that try it - if you boot from a Live CD on an
> XP system and then when the Live CD is up and running you choose the install
> option - it will erase your entire XP partition!!

Ahh so it boots from a CD, well that's cool. But I think the OP was
looking for a Windows solution. That Xp Power toy I suggested will take
snapshots from your webcam at the inveral of your choice so that may be a
viable solution.

pcbutts1

There are plenty of free stuff but when they don't work you have no support.
Take a look at my demo site here http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm those
are live shots. More info here, not free but well worth the price and it is
just what you need. See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm and
http://www.sharpvisioncctv.com .

"sylvia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi there
> I wonder if anyone could please give me some advice / help. I needed a
> programme that is like 24 hour CCTV by using my webcam. The reason for
> this is because the kids from my neighbours are always playing football
> and bang on our window. it gets worse when summer its here as the
> children are out playing all the time. We have tried many different
> ways, tried to be nice to them, give them chocolate tell them not to do
> it etc, they still dont listen. We've been to the police but no one
> takes any notice as the main reason are they are children and we dont
> have any evidence. I really needed someone to help me with where can I
> find such a programme, it will be great if it can be free. If not as
> long as they are not too expensive I am willing to pay as well as the
> situation is getting worse and really, unacceptable. I cant even live
> peacefully at my own house without being disturb by others. All these
> has make me really stressful as I am doing my final year at uni as well
> and I just cant deal with this anymore.Thank you for your help and I
> hope to hear from someone soon.
>
> Regards
>
> Sylvia

Dan Evans

"R.Daneel Olivaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44424d0a$0$9269$(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://www.zoneminder.com/

You've just pushed a project from "I'll get round to it" into beta. Thanks.

Dan