Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Removed Mozilla from computer, downloaded Firefox. It has the Mozilla prefs in it. How?

Removed Mozilla from computer, downloaded Firefox. It has the Mozilla prefs in it. How?

JW

Was having download problems with Mozilla. I removed it from my
computer, did a disk cleanup, a defrag and was confident that I had no
files left. I downloaded Firefox, ran it, and found that it had gotten
all my preferences, my downloads and bookmarks from Mozilla! How is
this possible? Is there someplace on the computer that holds these
files? I seem to be back to square one. Can anyone clue me in?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

JW wrote:

> Was having download problems with Mozilla. I removed it from my
> computer, did a disk cleanup, a defrag and was confident that I had
> no files left. I downloaded Firefox, ran it, and found that it had
> gotten all my preferences, my downloads and bookmarks from Mozilla!
> How is this possible? Is there someplace on the computer that holds
> these files? I seem to be back to square one. Can anyone clue me in?

All of the Mozilla products use profiles _not_ stored in Program Files.
They are under
c:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Mozilla ...

If you don't want that profile, use the browser to set up a new one.

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer