Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > slipstreaming

slipstreaming

sean

hi can anyone tell what slipstreaming is
thanks
sean

oddduck

Slipstreaming is when you take the source files for an installation
(like office or windows, etc) and apply the service pack to them before
you install it on a client computer. Typically it's done in situations
where you are planning to install say, windows 2000 with service pack 4
on multiple computers and your corperations windows 2000 source files
have no service pack at all. It removed the step, where after the
installation you would need to run the service pack, and integrates the
service pack into the installation. Basically it gives network admin's
one less thing to do and reduces administrative overhead.

---
Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1023973.html
oddduck------------------------------------------------------------------------
oddduck's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/memb...&userid=101552

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

"sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1a8101c388c5$39e74ae0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi can anyone tell what slipstreaming is
> thanks
> sean

<Paul Simon>

Slipstreaming away.
Slipstreaming away.
You know the nearer your destination IP,
the more you're slipstreaming away.

</Paul Simon>

--
Fris "And I know a man. He came from my hometown." beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

lazyadmin

www.bink.nu

Full how-to, including how to make a bootable CD with your new slipstreamed
files.

Rod

"FrisbeeŽ MCNGP" <bhilemanATdasiDASHsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1a8101c388c5$39e74ae0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi can anyone tell what slipstreaming is
> > thanks
> > sean

> <Paul Simon>
>
> Slipstreaming away.
> Slipstreaming away.
> You know the nearer your destination IP,
> the more you're slipstreaming away.
>
> </Paul Simon>
>
> --
> Fris "And I know a man. He came from my hometown." beeŽ MCNGP #13
>
> http://www.mcngp.tk
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Paul Fisher

Here's a url that you can go to which will provide a
visual explanation of slipstreaming: http://www.windows-
help.net/WindowsXP/winxp-sp1-bootcd.html