Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Jumper Settings help

Jumper Settings help

Kwilly

I use WinXP and am trying to set my EIDE HD and CDrom properly.

Both are on the same ribbon on IDE channel one on the mainboard. The CD
would use the connector on the end of the cable, the HD would use the
connector in the middle.

How should I set the jumpers on the HD and the CDrom? (Example: CD=Slave,
HD=Master?)

Thanks for your help.

James

"Kwilly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use WinXP and am trying to set my EIDE HD and CDrom properly.
>
> Both are on the same ribbon on IDE channel one on the mainboard. The CD
> would use the connector on the end of the cable, the HD would use the
> connector in the middle.
>
> How should I set the jumpers on the HD and the CDrom? (Example: CD=Slave,
> HD=Master?)
>
> Thanks for your help.

The item on the end of the cable should be classed as master, the item in
the middle as slave.

Or assuming both work correctly, "Cable Select" should five you the same
effect.

Shell

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:42:26 -0700, Kwilly wrote:

> I use WinXP and am trying to set my EIDE HD and CDrom properly.
>
> Both are on the same ribbon on IDE channel one on the mainboard. The CD
> would use the connector on the end of the cable, the HD would use the
> connector in the middle.
>
> How should I set the jumpers on the HD and the CDrom? (Example: CD=Slave,
> HD=Master?)
>
> Thanks for your help.

Like you said should do it. If not try the HD on CableSelect.

Kwilly

Thanks for the help!

Happy Easter to you all. He Is Risen!

"Shell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:42:26 -0700, Kwilly wrote:
>
>> I use WinXP and am trying to set my EIDE HD and CDrom properly.
>>
>> Both are on the same ribbon on IDE channel one on the mainboard. The CD
>> would use the connector on the end of the cable, the HD would use the
>> connector in the middle.
>>
>> How should I set the jumpers on the HD and the CDrom? (Example: CD=Slave,
>> HD=Master?)
>>
>> Thanks for your help.

> Like you said should do it. If not try the HD on CableSelect.

Dan Evans

"Kwilly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use WinXP and am trying to set my EIDE HD and CDrom properly.

Keep Hard Drives and CD drives on separate busses, your ATA100 drive will
drop to ATA33 to match the CD

Dan

Spuds

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:46:14 -0700, "Kwilly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks for the help!
>
>Happy Easter to you all. He Is Risen!

Easter's been cancelled this year.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354741
--
Half of the people in the world are below average.