Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Shareing problem

Internet Shareing problem

Ockerr

I have set up my Home computer with the Winxp network
I have My computer, and My wife's as a client
We communicate between computers okay no problems at all with file sharing,
Netmeeting ect.

I have broad band, she has Dialup
As we are networked together I want her to use my Broadband connection.
I have set it up as directed and used the Netsetup disk on her computer

On her Computer I can see my ADSL connection in The START,SETTINGS, NETWORK
CONNECTIONS folder

But when I load up Internet explorer on her Computer I cant connect, I have
been to The TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS and then to CONNECTIONS, and I have my
ADSL connection showing in the (Dial-up and virtual Private Network
settings)
I have set Her new ADSL as (Default) done OK, and then tried to connect to
the internet with IE but it just hangs and does not connect. IE doesn't seem
to recognize the ADSL

Sure I have cocked it up some where, Can any one tell me what might be the
problem
Many thanks

Whiskers

On 2006-04-11, Ockerr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

snip

> Sure I have cocked it up some where, Can any one tell me what might be the
> problem
> Many thanks

Sounds as though you are trying to do things the hard way. Have you got a
'router' for your ADSL connection? If so, and if your computers both have
'network' or 'ethernet' sockets, you can connect both computers to the
router, and let the router handle all the interconnections. If you
haven't got a router, perhaps it would be worth getting one. Ideally, a
combined 'modem' and router is the easiest to manage. They come with
simple instructions for getting a basic network set up.

If your computers both have 'wireless cards', you don't even need wires to
connect them to a 'wireless router'.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Ockerr

No I dont have a Router.
But the strange part is
On the client I can click on connect and the Icon will come up that I am
connected to the Internet, I definately have the Broadband Running on the
Client.
Its Just that I cannot bring up a web Page on IE, it cant find it as the IE
program cant find my Broadband line, Yet I have add'd the new connection to
the Logon startup, when I try to connect it just cant find that connection,
Yet its there I can see it Blinking and its working.
cheers

old man

From recollection, if the sys are networked with the modem on sys A, you
enable internet sharing and connect sys B via LAN, not the modem connection.
That said sys A has to be on, If you use a reuter, modem>reuter> PC's both
sys are independent

news:r0e%f.12744$(E-Mail Removed)...